Palm Harbor, FL (PRWEB) May 29, 2010
Beginning July 2010, Air Ambulance Worldwide (http://www.airambulanceworldwide.com) will be the very first and only U.S. operator of the Piaggio P180 in the domestic air ambulance market. After extensive research of the aircraft utilized for the domestic air ambulance market, Air Ambulance Worldwide has identified the Piaggio P180 as one of the most, if not the most effective aircraft available today.
This new addition to the Air Ambulance Worldwide fleet will allow us to provide unparalleled service to our patients and clients. A few of the benefits of the Piaggio P180:
- 375 cubic feet cabin space which is 50%+ larger than the other industry standard aircraft providing greater patient care and comfort
- Cost containment for our clients including private families and insurance companies
- The ability to fly at 450 mph or higher so that the flight times will be kept to a minimum.
- Flight altitudes of 41,000 feet which, well above inclement weather levels providing for a safe, smooth and direct route.
- To be able to keep a companion or family members with the patient during the transfer (multiple passengers 2 was a minimum and 3-4 was preferred)
- The ability to fly all domestic routes with a maximum of one refueling stop, and in many cases, no stops at all.
- A work environment for the medical team that is conducive to providing superior care
- Enough luggage capacity to handle 2 - 4 large suitcases and a standard wheelchair.
- A completely private and enclosed lavatory.
The Piaggio P180 has been available for 20 years to travelers in the European market. However, when it made its debut in the U.S. there were inherent problems that all new aircraft have when they enter into a new regional market. Insufficient number of service centers able to provide necessary maintenance and repairs, difficulty in obtaining spare parts--the supply chain was simply not yet developed, so there was the potential of being out of operation for months. Today there are service centers throughout the U.S. and Canada and parts are readily available.
Air Ambulance Worldwide will have the aircraft on display in cities nationwide very soon. And effective July 1, 2010 the aircraft will be in operation to help patients and families get home safely.
Since 2004, Air Ambulance Worldwide, Inc. has provided fixed wing air ambulance transportation service to Private Individuals and family members, Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Medical Assist Companies, Cost Containment Companies and other providers of medical care. For Press Inquiries please contact Lauren Dulin at 727-781-1198.
# # #