By taking these steps you can avoid costly breakdowns
(PRWEB) June 4, 2010
With the arrival of the recent heatwave in the UK, leading property maintenance company Aspect Maintenance has seen call-outs for the breakdown of air conditioning units double and in London air conditioning needs a 50% boost in the current heatwave to keep it running efficiently.
Commenting on the increase in London air conditioning unit repairs, Will Davies, Managing Director of Aspect Maintenance, said: “With the arrival of the first wave of hot weather in the UK many air conditioning units struggle or break down altogether and we have seen a rapid increase in the amount of call-outs on London air conditioning units in the last week. By taking these steps you can avoid costly breakdowns and stay cool when the weather is hot”.
The Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Team at Aspect Maintenance offer the following six tips on preventative measures to avoid leaks and breakages in air conditioning units, fans and refrigerators:
1. Today, more people are concerned with air quality, and when we experience hot summers, people are keen to ensure their properties stay cool.
2. Bathrooms can also experience damage from condensation, and the overall air quality, so it is important to install extractor fans in bathrooms with no windows. Mildew spores can degrade finishes the sealant and tiling. And, today, building regulations state that bathrooms without windows must have extractor fans installed.
3. You should also ensure that your cooker has a hood with an extractor fan on.
4. Some people install heat exchangers into their property. In the winter heat is taken into the air and recycled, and in the summer they have the opposite effect.
5. These units are often installed in a loft, and ducted around the house via grills in specific rooms.
6. In an age where local authorities and the government are looking towards homeowners to be more sustainable, heat exchangers and air conditioning units offer a good solution.
If you are struggling to find a London air conditioning repairs service, call Aspect Maintenance today for a quote on 0843 216 5050.