Elmhurst, IL (PRWEB) June 2, 2010
Ambir Technology, Inc. (http://www.ambir.com), a manufacturer and marketer of digital capture products today announced the release of the TravelScan Pro ME, a software and scanner combination that scans data from business cards and stores it in a searchable database. The software’s powerful OCR engine takes contact information like phone number and address and stores it in separate editable fields. This information can be synchronized with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook® Express, Windows® Mail, Lotus Notes®, ACT!, Palm Computing Platform, or Windows Mobile devices. Data files can also be exported in CSV or vCard format.
“This is the perfect pairing of hardware and software,” said Mike O’Leary, CEO of Ambir Technology, “together they deliver a powerful contact management system to the consumer.”
The TravelScan Pro ME also includes AmbirScan and PageManager 7 software. This software allows the scanner to act as a document scanner as well as a business card scanner. The AmbirScan image scanning software supports PDF, JPEG and TIFF file formats and media sizes from business cards up to legal-sized documents. PageManager 7 is a document management program that includes drag and drop file management, a preview mode and the ability to convert files into PDF format.
- “Scan to Outlook”: button located underneath the Microsoft Outlook toolbar scans business cards directly into Outlook and sets preferences without opening Presto! BizCard 6
- Contact Synchronization: one click contact synchronization between Presto! BizCard 6 and Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes and ACT!
- Search Feature: quickly pinpoint contacts with the search field
- Print Function: print feature turns contact information into nametags, address labels, badges and more
- Export: export information in CSV or vCard format
- TWAIN support: supports any TWAIN compliant scanner
- Scan Modes: 48-bit internally, outputs 24-bit true color 8-bit grayscale and 1-bit B&W
- Scan Speed: 11 seconds per single-sided page in black and white mode at 200dpi
- Scan Area: maximum 8.5" x 14" (216mm x 355mm)
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 12.4” x 2.0” x 1.7” (315mm x 51mm x 43mm)
- Weight: 12.6oz (357g)
- Interface: USB 2.0 hardware compatible with USB 1.1 (USB 1.1 speed performance)
- Optical Resolution: up to 600dpi
- Image Sensor: contact image sensor (CMOS CIS)
- Paper Sensor: mechanical
- Safety Standards: FCC Class B, CE
- Environmental Requirement: RoHS, WEEE
As with all Ambir Technology scanners, this scanner is TWAIN and WIA compliant. This means that any application program designed to work with the TWAIN or WIA standards will work with it.
Pricing and Availability
Available now, the TravelScan Pro ME has a retail cost of $209.95. It comes standard with a limited one-year hardware warranty. One and two year extended hardware warranties are also available. For more information, visit http://www.ambir.com. For technical support, call 1-630-530-5400 option 3.
Founded in 2001, Ambir Technology, Inc. has proven to be an industry leader in digital capture products, providing hardware and software solutions for ID card and document management for business processes. Ambir products provide quick digital scan and capture of text and images from documents, IDs, photos and other printed materials. Ambir solutions are specifically designed to maximize workflow, increase productivity and improve data security to save time and reduce costs. The company strives to consistently bring the highest quality and innovative new products to market. Beyond its product quality, Ambir is distinguished by its commitment to partnering with solution providers, developers and end users to deliver the best solution to meet each customer's unique digital capture needs.
# # #