Santa Clarita, CA (PRWEB) June 3, 2010
The culmination of nearly a decade of hard work has attracted growing widespread attention, particularly among long established names in media and industry, to Latina Patricia Gracia, founder and president of advertising agency Power Media Group (http://www.powermediagroup.com). The most recent public recognition of her efforts in the business community was lauded by the Los Angeles Business Journal, which awarded her at a ceremony on May 25 with its Women Making a Difference in the Los Angeles community award.
Power Media Group Inc.
The United States Small Business Administration's Los Angeles District Office recently selected Gracia as the Minority Small Business Champion of the year in recognition of her commitment to support minority entrepreneurship through the creation of a business incubator in Santa Clarita.
Gracia, who grew up in Peru, migrated to the United States by crossing the Mexican Border from Tijuana. "I was drawn to the bright San Diego lights," stated Gracia. "I told myself that someday I would sit center of that energy and draw on it to create my success and the future of others."
At age 18, alone and full of goals and dreams, the Peruvian native started her new American life in the San Fernando Valley and quickly mastered the English language. She began working for the Peninsula Hotel, a five-diamond and five-star hotel in Beverly Hills that sponsored her education at UCLA where she received a degree in public relations. After this education, coupled with a solid dozen years of experience in customer service via the hospitality industry, she formed the strong foundation to develop her own agency in 2OOl, with a tagline and philosophy that, "we love your business, as we love our baby."
"I've always been driven to surpass my clients' expectations."
Beyond leading her agency to many illustrious awards, she has also recently started the Power Woman Business Center as a way to give back to the community and to help businesses weather the economic recession. In a space left vacant by a church not long ago, Gracia is developing the Center - a business incubator where ideas will be developed and nurtured for struggling business women seeking to get moving.
Gracia was recently honored as the Los Angeles Business Journal's Rising Star of the Year. She is focused on projecting the Hispanic woman as a woman of success, and the Power Women Business Center established by her is expanding outreach to other Latina women.
To learn more about the recognition and honors received by Power Media Group, and about the company's services, visit PowerMediaGroup.com (http://www.powermediagroup.com).
MEDIA: To arrange an interview with Patrica Gracia, call 661-505-1009 or e-mail sarah(at)powermediagroup(dot)com
For more information about Power Women Business Center call, 1.800.989.5315 or visit,
ABOUT POWER MEDIA GROUP:
Power Media Group, Inc. is an Advertising & PR Agency that specializes in creating all inclusive Spanish language campaigns for high-profile clients seeking to reach the $1trillion buying power booming Hispanic market, through Printing, Radio, TV, Outdoors, PR, Customer Service, Events and Promotions.
· Patricia Gracia-United States SBA Minority Small Business Champion of the Year 2010
· Patricia Gracia, Winner of the 2010 Los Angeles Business Journal "Woman Making a Difference Award in the Rising Star," category.
· Power Media Group, Winner of the 2010 ADDY Awards for Excellence in the following categories: Web site Design, Local Radio Creative, Logo & Company Image
· Patricia Gracia, panelist to the Latin Business Association 2009 annual conference and expo, presented, "The Transforming Role of Latinas in Business"
· 2009 Addy Awards for Excellence in Creativity for a TV ad in the General Market - Catalog Sales.
· -Patricia Gracia, Winner of La Opinion Newspaper 2009 Distinguished Woman in the category of Business and Technology.
· Patricia Gracia, nominated for the Santa Clarita Valley Business Leadership Awards and for Women in Business 2009 Award.
· Tony Gracia, nominated by the San Fernando Business Journal as one of the Top Valley's CFO of 2009.
· Power Media Group named among the 50 Fastest Growing Private Companies of 2009 by the San Fernando Valley Business Journal.
· Power Media Group, Winner Latin Business Association 2008 Sol Award as Business of the Year.
· Commended by Los Angeles County Board Supervisor Mike Antonovich and U.S.Congressman Howard "Buck" McKeon - 25th District of California, among others.
· July 2008-SBA qualification, for a real estate loan -acquisition of an 11,000 square-foot commercial building, a new home for clients and customers
-Telemundo Interview Al Rojo Vivo:
-Univision Interview Tony Gracia - Donde están los trabajos?
KEYWORDS: Latina, Latina business owner, Latina businessowner, Latina women in business, Latinas in business, Accomplished Latina, Accomplished Latina, Hispanic-owned business, Latina business award, Latina award, Latina achievement, Los Angeles Latina, powerful women in business, powerful Latina women in business, top women in business, top Latina women in business, most powerful women in business, most powerful Latinas in business, most powerful Hispanic women in business
SOURCE: Power Media Group