Appistry CloudIQ Storage Now Generally Available
Distributed storage product enables high-performance, data-intensive applications at unprecedented price points.
St. Louis, MO (PRWEB) June 7, 2010
- Appistry, the enterprise cloud platform leader, today announced the general availability of Appistry CloudIQ Storage and Appistry CloudIQ Storage Hadoop Edition. In addition, the company announced the release of version 4.3 of its flagship Appistry CloudIQ Platform.
- Appistry CloudIQ Storage is software that creates a scalable, reliable and highly cost-effective file storage system with no single points of failure, using only commodity servers and networking. Hadoop Edition adds plug-and-play compatibility with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
- Appistry CloudIQ Platform 4.3, in addition to providing support for CloudIQ Storage, adds new APIs for log file, user and group management and includes a number of performance enhancements and bug fixes.
- The new products are available for free and immediate download from Appistry’s Peer2Peer community portal at http://www.appistry.com/community.
- CloudIQ Storage may be used as a stand-alone distributed storage system or in conjunction with Appistry CloudIQ Engine to enable Computational Storage™, which unifies applications and data to deliver unprecedented price-performance for data-intensive applications. Plug-and-play compatibility with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) offers an easy upgrade for Hadoop users with mission-critical requirements.
New CloudIQ Platform 4.3 features include:
- Enhanced service logging: Managing log files across a distributed environment is typically a tedious process that grows in complexity with the number of systems being managed. Appistry CloudIQ Manager now simplifies the logging of events generated while managing the lifecycle of services and applications, and makes log data easily accessible via new REST APIs.
- New user and group APIs: Appistry CloudIQ Platform 4.3 adds new REST APIs for managing users and groups, allowing administrators and developers to more easily create automated provisioning solutions and 3rd party tools.
- Faster application and service deployments, upgrades: Package deployments and upgrades in version 4.3 are now much faster, saving administrator and developer time.
- "We expected strong interest around CloudIQ Storage from existing users of our CloudIQ Manager and CloudIQ Engine products, as Storage gracefully extends the platform for more applications. In addition, we knew Hadoop users with mission-critical requirements were going to love our solution to the HDFS scalability and performance issues,” said Kevin Haar, CEO of Appistry. “Even with those high expectations, we have been extremely pleased with the reception that CloudIQ Storage has received from users that simply need an inexpensive, but sophisticated file storage solution.”
- “After exploring many of the available storage options, we were excited to learn about Appistry’s new CloudIQ Storage product,” said Tom Gregory, chief technology officer at Presidio Health, a software-as-a-service healthcare application provider. “We were able to integrate the Appistry product into ours in just two days and now have the benefit of fully redundant and fault tolerant file serving on top of our cloud servers.”
- Kevin Haar’s Blog Posting on Appistry CloudIQ Storage
- CloudIQ Storage Product Page
- CloudIQ Storage Hadoop Edition Page
- CloudIQ Storage Service Provider Edition Page
Cloud computing promises a new level of enterprise competitiveness, and Appistry CloudIQ Platform makes that vision a reality. Appistry CloudIQ Platform enables a new generation of highly scalable, extremely reliable, data-centric applications to be delivered at a fraction of the time, cost and complexity of traditional approaches. Reinventing the enterprise application platform for private, public and hybrid clouds, Appistry is delivering next-generation platform-as-a-service, today. With the most comprehensive platform and the most successful customers, Appistry is the leading provider of enterprise PaaS software and services. Appistry customers include global leaders like FedEx, State Street Bank, and Northrop Grumman, and multiple U.S. Government agencies.
For more information about Appistry, please visit http://www.appistry.com.