Alterian delivered revenues of $55.3 million and adjusted operating profits of $11.2 million for the year, which is growth of 14% in revenue and 28% in adjusted operating profit. This was an encouraging result following the deferment of certain U.K. contracts at the end of the third quarter.
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) June 2, 2010
Alterian (LSE: ALN), the leader in customer engagement technology and solutions, today published its end-of-year financial results with revenues up 14% to $55.3 million, from $48.6 million the same period last year. New user wins across a wide range of vertical markets and geographies and 65 new partners who provide services to their clients based on the Alterian platform, have contributed to the strong results.
David Eldridge, CEO, Alterian commented, “Alterian delivered revenues of $55.3 million and adjusted operating profits of $11.2 million for the year, which is growth of 14% in revenue and 28% in adjusted operating profit. This was an encouraging result following the deferment of certain U.K. contracts at the end of the third quarter.”
Other highlights of the audited preliminary results for the year, which ended March 31, 2010, include:
- Acquisition of social media monitoring company Techrigy, Inc., completed on July 15, 2009. Integration completed successfully and benefits coming through as expected.
Sales Momentum and Distribution Channel Growth Continues:
- U.K., Europe and Asia Pacific revenue growth of 11%, with strong growth from small base in Asia Pacific; Americas returned to growth of 11% at constant currency (2009: 2% at constant currency)
- More than 330 new end users (2009: 210) across a wide range of vertical markets and geographies, bringing total end users to approximately 1,400.
- 65 new partners, predominantly marketing agencies, bringing the total number of partners to approximately 220.
- Partnership with Experian expanded to provide analytics and campaign management software as an integrated solution with their Cheetahmail e-mail offering; initially in the U.K. and Ireland.
Geographic Reach Expanded:
- Office opened in Singapore, adding to existing Asia Pacific offices in Australia and India. Initial partner and client won in Singapore.
- Partnerships signed in South America included youDB in Brazil.
- SocialEyez, a division of Media Watch Middle East, signed as partner to take Alterian’s social media monitoring solutions to the Arabic market.
Product and Solution Development:
- Launch of new products including Web behavior analytics product WebJourney and reporting product Analytical Dashboard successfully completed and initial clients live.
- New offerings integrating Alterian’s pre-existing and acquired products targeted at enabling marketers to improve customer engagement across four key channels: the Web, social media, e-mail, and traditional direct marketing.
- Expansion of managed services offerings, enabling Alterian’s full product range to be made available on a Software as a Service (SaaS) basis.
“While the general economic climate remains challenging, we have entered the new financial year with a relatively strong pipeline. Our progress with product and distribution, together with our strong recurring revenue model, positions the company well to address the attractive market opportunity,” concludes Eldridge.
Report signals stark warning to business leaders and marketers
These results come in the wake of a new report, “Your Brand: At Risk or Ready for Growth?”, written by Professor Michael Hulme that signals a major social change in the way consumers listen to and engage with brands.
The report found that marketers are faced with the challenge of responding to rapidly changing consumer demands and expectations. Only 5% of consumers surveyed in the report trusted advertising and 8% believed ‘what the company says about itself.’ As global advertising levels are predicted to increase by 8% in 2010, the report calls for businesses to redirect their marketing spend into better understanding their audiences and engaging with them through a range of channels.
“As marketers look to respond to these challenges and achieve competitive advantage for their organization, Alterian’s powerful technology solutions can help businesses adapt,” commented David Eldridge, CEO, Alterian. “Alterian offers individual customer engagement and an extensive network of partners who are experts in assisting marketers with their business objectives.”
Alterian (LSE: ALN) enables organizations to create relevant, effective and engaging experiences with their customers and prospects through social, digital, and traditional marketing channels. Alterian’s Customer Engagement solutions are focused in four main areas: Social Media, Web Content Management, Email, and Campaign Management & Analytics.
Alterian technology is utilized either to address a specific marketing challenge or as part of an integrated marketing platform, with analytics and customer engagement with the individual at the heart of everything. Working alongside a rich ecosystem of partners, Alterian delivers its software as a service or on premise. For more information about Alterian visit http://www.alterian.com or the Alterian blog at http://www.engagingtimes.com.