With one easy swipe, we avoid bad or expired bankcards and save money on processing fees. Mobilescape more than pays for itself.
Houston, TX (PRWEB) June 2, 2010
Mobilescape, the provider of the market’s leading mobile payment solution for credit cards and checks, today announced that Austin Cab has deployed the Mobilescape wireless credit card processing solution to its 160-vehicle fleet.
Taxi and limo companies face a number of challenges in collecting payments. Customers may not have enough cash on hand or, since carrying large amounts of cash is risky, drivers may not have the cash to provide change. Manual credit card imprinters create paper credit card receipts that are not secure and must be keyed in by hand at the home office.
"Since we installed Mobilescape in every one of our cabs and limos, our business has just run better,” said Ron Means, general manager of Austin Cab. “The solution is easy and the terminals are rugged. With one easy swipe, we avoid bad or expired bankcards and save money on processing fees. Mobilescape more than pays for itself."
Mobilescape helps taxi and limo companies by
- Improving the customer experience. Customers who are short on cash can use credit or debit cards to pay for fares. And merchants report that customers who use credit cards and who are offered a tip screen are more likely to give bigger tips.
- Speeding up transactions. Drivers can swipe cards, get instant approvals or declines, and print one or more receipts in seconds. Turnaround time per transaction is reduced—the passenger is on his way, and the driver can quickly move on to the next fare.
- Reducing payment risks. Mobilescape reduces the risk of handling and carrying large amounts of cash, simplifies the nuisance of making change, and ensures that credit card data is safe and secure by truncating card numbers.
- Back-office time savings. With less cash to handle and sort at the end of the day, time spent on balancing the books and making bank deposits is significantly reduced.
- Accessing real-time reports. Managers can view real-time transaction activity by driver, and can easily pay tips at the end of a shift.
“Customers increasingly expect to pay for taxi rides with a credit or debit card, and Mobilescape provides an affordable way to meet that expectation,” said Richard A. Howell, vice president of mobile payments at BankServ, Mobilescape’s parent company. “The device prompts customers for a tip, which taxi owners tell us has caused tips to go up. And since the solution’s web-based transaction analytics portal separates out tips by fare and driver, the end-of-shift payout is simple and easy.”
For more information about the Mobilescape mobile payment solution, please visit http://www.mobilescape.com.
Mobilescape is the market’s most cost effective, full-featured and durable mobile payment solution for credit cards and checks. The Mobilescape solution includes hardware, customizable firmware, wireless service, transaction processing and 24/7 support and maintenance.
Mobilescape’s unique hardware features include electronic check conversion and customizable payment screens with easy-to-use icons. Web-based features include true signature capture and transaction analytics that are exportable to any finance or accounting package. Mobilescape is the
mobile payment partner of choice for leading enterprises in healthcare, food service, transportation, mobile photographers and residential services.
For more information, please visit http://www.mobilescape.com.
# # #