New York (PRWEB) June 3, 2010
ZAPmedia, leading publisher of under-reported historical fiction, today announced that 1939 - Into the Dark by Dr. Paula Phelan has been named a gold medalist in the 2010 Independent Publisher Book Awards (IPPYs). The IPPY Awards, launched in 1996, are designed to bring increased recognition to the deserving but often unsung titles published by independent authors and publishers.
1939 - Into The Dark:
- A historical fiction novel by award-winning author Dr. Paula Phelan, 1939 - Into the Dark explores a pivotal year in American History marked by depression, the beginning of World War II and the cultural and artistic climax of the twentieth century.
- The novel follows the lives of fictional and historical characters such as Mayor Fiorello LaGuardia, J. Edgar Hoover, Lillian Hellman, Dashiel Hammet, Ayn Rand, Eleanor Roosevelt, Clark Gable, Carole Lombard, W.H. Auden and Clifford Odets throughout the pivotal events of 1939 including sports, art and politics.
- "It is truly an honor to be recognized with a gold medal in the Independent Publisher Book Awards," said author Paula Phelan. "This award reinforces the efforts I dedicated to researching and writing this novel that illustrates many of the interesting, important and under-reported events of a pivotal year in U.S. history. I am delighted to share this history with my readers."
- Readerviews.com says: "Paula Phelan has captured the mood of New York City in the midst of the zenith of the influence of creative arts and culture in the year 1939. 1939 - Into the Dark is a meaningful and entertaining novel for the history buff, especially those who enjoy the period covering World War II."
- 1939 - Into The Dark: http://zapmedia.com/books/
- Author Paula Phelan: http://zapmedia.com/authors/
- Independent Publisher Book Awards: http://www.independentpublisher.com/article.php?page=1362
- Historical Novel Society: http://www.historicalnovelsociety.org/
- Historical Fiction.com: http://historical-fiction.com/?p=420
- Amazon: http://bit.ly/8DVmo
ZAPmedia is a boutique publisher of books, art and Web content located in New York City. Its primary goal is to identify and promote the works of new authors and artists that have exceptional and original talent, a vast wellspring of creative potential and are just beginning to find their voice and audience. ZAPmedia can be found on the World Wide Web at http://www.zapmedia.com.