1 of 6 Best Soccercentric Bars in America
Annapolis, MD (Vocus) June 3, 2010
June 11 marks the start of World Cup 2010 and the fans at Fadó Irish Pub & Restaurant in Annapolis will create an unrivaled atmosphere befitting the biggest sporting event in the world. It's the fans that make the game great.
Here’s what real fans need to know:
- Fadó will show more World Cup programming than anyone. All 64 matches live (even the early 7:30am matches) plus daily replays of the top matches for the hard core World Cup fans.
- More fans watch World Cup with more viewing occasions than the Olympics, the Super Bowl and the Oscars.... combined. And, despite being able to watch at home, fans will pack Fadó during World Cup because soccer is a sport best enjoyed in a great pub.
- Fans crowd into the pub over 100 days every year, to watch exclusive international soccer feeds from numerous countries (Ireland, England, Spain, Italy, Scotland, South America, Germany). No other soccer bar spends more on broadcast fees or opens earlier to show international soccer than Fadó.
- More international fans (English, French, German, Spanish, Brazilian, Italian, Dutch, African and Greek to name a few) will come to Fadó to watch the World Cup than any other location in Annapolis.
- Even though you could watch at home on Fox, Fadó was packed last Saturday afternoon (May 22) for the most prestigious inter-league soccer match of the year, the Champions League Final (the global Super Bowl of Soccer). It's better to watch world class soccer with other real fans.
- For the much anticipated USA v England match on June 12 (see event details below), jersey clad customers will be hanging from the proverbial rafters. The party will kick off early that morning and last well into the evening.
- Fadó Irish Pub & Restaurant in Annapolis is an Official Soccer Bar of US Soccer. Fadó Seattle was voted 'Best Soccer Bar in the U.S.' by fans at USSoccer.com in 2010 and named “1 of 6 Best Soccercentric Bars in America” by GQ Magazine.
- Fadó serves more European draught beer and more Guinness than any other bar, restaurant or pub in Annapolis. A real fan watching the beautiful game needs the Perfect Pint.
- Fado has sponsored numerous local soccer clubs and soccer supporters clubs since we opened because we love the beautiful game.
- Throughout the tournament, Fadó will treat fans to a special World Cup menu with breakfast starting at $8 and lunch for just $12.95. Of course both can come with a pint.
- Fadó will also have exclusive deals for their FourSquare mayors and others who check in using FourSquare during World Cup.
- Fans can create their own World Cup fantasy league for free. They can start their own private competition or compete with everyone at the pub for pub cash prizes: http://fadowc.fantasyleague.com
Friday, June 11, kickoff party as South Africa takes on Mexico at 10am
Live music kicks off at 10pm with the ultimate U2 cover band, Beautiful Day.
Saturday, June 12, day long party for much anticipated England vs. USA match up.
Pub opens at 7.30am for the first of 3 World Cup matches. Live radio remote with WRNR at 1:30pm-2:30pm. England vs. USA kicks off at 2.30pm. Party goes all night with live music following the match and DJ Ray spins all your favorites from 10:30pm on.
About Fadó Irish Pub & Restaurant
Fadó Irish Pub & Restaurant, located at One Park Place in Annapolis, is a favorite of International, US, and MLS soccer fans. Fadó is a proud member of the Official US Soccer Bar program and is the city's go-to spot for English Premier League, USA Men's, Champions League, Scottish Premier League, World Cup and much more.
For more information go to http://www.fadoirishpub.com/annapolis/world-cup-2010-annapolis
Media Contact: Ellen Peacock, marketing manager, 404.848.8433
Pub Contact: Ronan Corbett, general manager, 410-626-0069
# # #