Tigín Irish Pub & Restaurant - The Official Pub of Real Fans for World Cup 2010
June 11 marks the start of World Cup 2010 and the fans at Tigín Irish Pub & Restaurant in Stamford will create an unrivaled atmosphere befitting the biggest sporting event in the world. It's the fans that make the game great
Stamford, CT (Vocus) June 3, 2010
June 11 marks the start of World Cup 2010 and the fans at Tigín Irish Pub & Restaurant in Stamford will create an unrivaled atmosphere befitting the biggest sporting event in the world. It's the fans that make the game great.
Here’s what real fans need to know:
- Tigín will show more World Cup programming than anyone. All 64 matches live (even the early 7:30am matches) plus daily replays after work for hardcore fans.
- More fans watch World Cup with more viewing occasions than the Olympics, the Super Bowl and the Oscars.... combined. And, despite being able to watch at home, fans will pack Tigín during World Cup because soccer is a sport best enjoyed in a great pub.
- Fans crowd into the pub over 100 days every year, to watch exclusive international soccer feeds from numerous countries (Ireland, England, Spain, Italy, Scotland, South America, Germany). No other soccer bar spends more on broadcast fees or opens earlier to show international soccer than Tigín.
- More international fans (English, French, German, Spanish, Brazilian, Italian, Dutch, African and Greek to name a few) will come to Tigín to watch the World Cup than any other location in Stamford.
- Even though you could watch at home on Fox, Tigín was packed last Saturday afternoon (May 22) for the most prestigious inter-league soccer match of the year, the Champions League Final (the global Super Bowl of Soccer). It's better to watch world class soccer with other real fans.
- For the much anticipated USA v England match on June 12 (see event details below), jersey clad customers will be hanging from the proverbial rafters. The party will kick off early that morning and last well into the evening.
- Tigín Irish Pub & Restaurant in Stamford is an Official Soccer Bar of US Soccer.
- Tigín serves more European draught beer and more Guinness than any other bar, restaurant or pub in Connecticut. A real fan watching the beautiful game needs the Perfect Pint.
- Tigín has sponsored numerous local soccer clubs and soccer supporters clubs since we opened because we love the beautiful game.
- Throughout the tournament, Tigín will treat fans to a special World Cup menu with breakfast starting at $8 and lunch for just $12.95. Of course both can come with a pint.
- Tigín will also have exclusive deals for their FourSquare mayors and others who check in using FourSquare during World Cup.
- Fans can create their own World Cup fantasy league for free. They can start their own private competition or compete with everyone at the pub for pub cash prizes: http://fadowc.fantasyleague.com
Saturday, June 12, day long party for much anticipated England vs. USA match up.
Pub opens at 7.30am for the first of 3 World Cup matches. England vs. USA kicks off at 2.30pm. Party goes all night with live music from Jamie’s Junkshow at 9pm. To add to the festivities of the day, the Bedford Street Promenade is host to the next round of the Battle of the Bands.
About Tigín Irish Pub & Restaurant
Tigín Irish Pub & Restaurant, located at 175 Bedford Street in Stamford, is a favorite of International, US, and MLS soccer fans and a proud member of the Official US Soccer Bar program and is the city's go-to spot for English Premier League, USA Men's, Champions League, Scottish Premier League, World Cup and much more.
For more information go to http://www.tiginirishpub.com/stamford/world-cup-2010-stamford
Media Contact: Ellen Peacock, marketing manager, 404.848.8433
Pub Contact: Conal McDonough, managing partner, 203-353-8444