Baltimore, MD (PRWEB) June 4, 2010
Benco Dental, the nation’s fastest growing distributor of dental products and equipment, in conjunction with the National Museum of Dentistry, is proud to announce the grand opening a new museum exhibit entitled "Tomorrow’s Dental Office… Today" on Friday, June 5, 2010.
"Tomorrow’s Dental Office… Today", made possible through the support of Benco Dental, showcases many of the dental industry’s most technologically advanced treatment systems, tools and applications in a clean, thorough, educational display. The National Museum of Dentistry is a federally recognized affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution, providing an ideal venue for the "Tomorrow’s Dental Office… Today" exhibit. Each of the exhibit’s high-tech elements, ranging from a digital impression device to a 3D cone beam imaging unit, are designed to improve the quality of procedures while simultaneously reducing chair time and improving overall oral health.
“It was an honor being selected to assemble the 'Tomorrow’s Dental Office… Today' exhibit for the National Museum of Dentistry,” said Benco Dental President Charles Cohen. “It’s an exciting venture, bringing dental technology to the general public.”
"The Tomorrow’s Dental Office… Today" showcase is a fitting complement to the museum’s adjacent exhibits as visitors will have the unique opportunity to stroll through dentistry’s past and take a unique look into its future. The galleries of the National Museum of Dentistry range from hand-forged iron tools of horseback American dentists to the 19th-century office of G.V. Black, the Father of Modern Dentistry. Now, through the support of Benco Dental, the museum also includes a look at the cutting-edge dental equipment available to present-day dentists, displaying how dental care has evolved over the course of centuries.
“'The Tomorrow’s Dental Office… Today' exhibit gives us an opportunity to feature some of the latest advances in dental care, showing how far the techniques of modern dentistry have come and their positive impact on the public,” said National Museum of Dentistry Executive Director Jonathan Landers.
"The Tomorrow’s Dental Office… Today" exhibit features:
- Dental operatory equipment from A-dec that was developed to optimize patient ease and comfort in the treatment room while enabling dentists to perform more efficient dentistry.
- The A-dec 500 dental chair, featuring a slim headrest and backrest to give the dentist more legroom under the chair. For the patient, the anatomically formed backrest and seat cushion reduce pressure points.
- The A-dec 5580 treatment console and storage unit, made of water-resistant materials to allow for the efficient storage and delivery of supplies while providing a flat-panel monitor, pivoting work surface and assistant’s instrumentation.
- The PaX-Duo3D Cone Beam CT unit from Vatech, featuring switching technology for digital panoramic radiographs or CT scans. The unit has dedicated sensors for each system and an imbedded camera for proper patient positioning.
- The LAVA Chairside Oral Scanner from 3M ESPE, a digital impression system that allows the dentist to both capture and view continuous 3D images, as well as create precise digital impressions. The benefits of digital impressions include increased patient comfort and decreased seating times.
- The SP Newtron LED advanced piezoelectric device from Acteon, which uses ultrasonic vibrations and an array of tips for tooth cleaning, root canal procedures, periodontal surgeries and cavity preparation. The LED lights provide illumination for procedures in the back of the mouth.
- The SoproLIFE (light induced fluorescence evaluator), an intraoral camera and cavity detection device in one. Switching to blue LEDs allows the dentist to see variations in the health of a tooth’s dentin, which can aid in decay detection and decay removal during treatment.
- The MiniLED Autofocus 2 dental material curing light from Acteon that automates the curing process through a complex telemetry system.
- The Cleankeys keyboard, featuring a flat surface, which can be wiped down and easily disinfected.
- This Snapshot X-ray sensor from Instrumentarium Dental, providing the latest in digital intraoral radiology technology. It captures X-rays via a digital sensor rather than on film, providing patients with less radiation and dentists with enhanced diagnostic tools.
- The SIROLaser Advance from Sirona, providing preset therapy programs for laser applications in the fields of periodontics, endodontics, surgery and pain relief.
- The SWERV3 Magnetostrictive Ultrasonic Scaler from Hu-Friedy, delivering a full range of power for efficiently removing calculus on the teeth while still providing patient comfort.
- The SmartLite PS by Dentsply, used by the dental team to cure a variety of dental products ranging from cements and adhesives to composites.
- The NOMAD Pro handheld X-ray unit by Aribex, the first for intraoral use. The unit’s light weight and rechargeability allow for its use on humanitarian missions in remote areas and for dental forensic identification following mass disasters. The internal shielding and external backscatter shield protect the operator, making it extremely safe to use
- The Dental R.A.T., a foot-operated computer mouse and keyboard for hands-free computer use. Developed by a frustrated hygienist to allow for single-person periodontal charting, the unit has become even handier as more patient information is recorded and stored digitally.
About Benco Dental
Benco Dental, headquartered in Pittston, Pennsylvania, is the largest privately owned, full-service distributor of dental supplies, dental equipment, dental consulting & equipment services in the United States. Founded in 1930 by Benjamin Cohen, the company has remained family owned and focused on the unique mission of “delivering success smile after smile”. During Benco Dental’s 80-year history, the company has grown from a single storefront location in Wilkes-Barre, PA into the nation’s fastest-growing dental distributor with 50 regional showroom locations and four distribution centers servicing over 30,000 dental professionals in 39 states and Washington D.C. In 2009, Benco Dental achieved another milestone in the company’s long history by unveiling a new 272,000-square-foot corporate headquarters, distribution center and equipment showroom in Pittston, Pennsylvania. The new facility, CenterPoint, houses the largest dental equipment showroom in North America, featuring 25 fully functional operatories, 14 operational digital X-rays including 2D and 3D units, three sterilization centers, design & lab concept suites and a summit training center for continuing education courses. The company has additional distribution centers in Ft. Wayne, IN, Jacksonville, FL, and Dallas, TX, over 340 professionally trained sales representatives as well as 265 factory-trained service technicians. Its core products and programs include: the BluChip® Buying Club, dentistry’s original and most rewarding customer loyalty program; Painless 8 with Forecaster™, an electronic ordering and product management software; Painless Web, e-Commerce and materials management system; Insite™, dental office design & architectural services; BencoNET™, digital imaging and “open architecture” operatory integration system solutions and Transitions Group™, a practice development consulting service. For more information, please call 1.800.GO.BENCO or visit Benco Dental on the web at benco.com.
About the National Museum of Dentistry
See amazing teeth feats, marvel at George Washington’s choppers, sing along to vintage toothpaste commercials, and discover fascinating hands-on exhibitions about the power of a healthy smile. Enjoy field trips, home school days, special events, and more. An Affiliate of the Smithsonian Institution, this one-of-a-kind museum is located at 31 South Greene Street, a short walk from the Inner Harbor. Admission is $7 for adults, $5 for seniors, and students with ID, $3 for children age 3-19; and free for age 2 & under and active duty military & immediate family .Open Wednesday–Saturday 10 a.m.–4 p.m. and Sunday 1–4 p.m. Closed Mondays, Tuesdays, and major holidays. Call 410/706-0600 or visit http://www.smile-experience.org.
# # #