(PRWeb UK) June 10, 2010
Owners of home-based businesses would be well-advised to take the fresh start offered by the new tax year as an opportunity to check their finances. One area that many companies could save money on is business insurance, and those basing their businesses from home can save 25% on a quote for a specialist policy from Direct Line for one month only.
Cutting costs without cutting cover should be a key priority for any home business owner, whether they’re just starting up or growing their business. Direct Line’s policy is tailored specifically for home-based businesses, including:
- Business contents and stock cover for any amount to a maximum of £75,000 (for example office furniture and equipment)
- Public and product liability for injury to the public or damage to their property, up to £2m
- Reimbursement for loss of income caused following an insured event such as a fire or flood, up to £50,000 over a 12 month period
- Cover for theft of business money at home or in transit
There is also extra cover to allow business owners to tailor their policy to their needs, including the ability to increase cover limits and extend the policy to include:
- Buildings cover up to £500,000, which can include your home and/or your workshop or outbuildings within the boundary of your property
- Employers’ liability cover of up to £10m, to protect against claims made by employees
- Portable business equipment cover for items such as laptops and mobile phones taken out of the home
- Legal expenses cover for any legal issues the business may face, up to £100,000
Direct Line guarantees to beat any quote for the same cover, and offers 0% interest on premiums paid by monthly instalments. To take advantage of the spring offer for 25% off the cost of a home business insurance premium, business owners should contact Direct Line for Business at http://www.directlineforbusiness.co.uk/businessfromhome/welcome.htm or call 0845 303 1739 and mention promotional code BFH03 from now until the offer ends on 30 June 2010.
Quotes are valid for 30 days, and are subject to a minimum premium.
Home business insurance 25% discount - Terms & Conditions
1. New policyholders only.
2. Minimum premiums and qualifying criteria apply.
3. Discount applies to insurance premium and does not apply to other products or add-ons purchased.
4. Valid for quote issued from the 01/06/10 to 30/06/10.
5. Available in Great Britain, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands. Not available in Northern Ireland.
6. Promotional Code must be quoted at time of purchase for the discount to be applied. If you accept our standard quotation price without entering the promo code, you will not be able to reclaim the discount.
7. Limited one discount per household .
8. This offer is not open to any customer who is an employee of either Direct Line or their agencies.
9. Direct Line reserves the right to alter, amend or terminate the promotion without prior notice.
10. Offer is valid for the first year only. Renewal premium will be calculated on the rates in force at the time.
11. Promotional discount offer applied to premium before guarantee to beat terms & conditions apply.
Guarantee to Beat - Terms & Conditions
1. Your quote must provide cover on an equivalent basis to ours
2. New policyholders only
3. Minimum premiums and qualifying criteria apply
4. You must send us proof of your valid quote documentation detailing cover and premium to:
DIRECT LINE FOR BUSINESS,
PO BOX 106,
5. Direct Line for Business will not return any documentation received in conjunction with this offer
6. Not available in NI
7. Proof required before guarantee can be applied
8. If you accept our standard quotation price before you send us valid proof, depending on your payment method, we will either refund you the difference between the price you paid and the price you should have paid had the guarantee applied or we will reduce your future payments
9. Refunds will be given by the same method and to the same card/account as the original payment
Direct Line for Business
Launched in 2007 Direct Line for Business provides a range of insurance products for the small business sector direct by phone or on-line.
Direct Line for Business is part of RBS Insurance, the second largest general insurer in the UK (based on 2008 Gross Written Premiums) and is wholly owned by the Royal Bank of Scotland Group. Customers can find out more about Direct Line for Business products or get a quote by calling 0845 303 1760 or visiting http://www.directlineforbusiness.co.uk
Direct Line Insurance plc is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Registered office: 3 Edridge Road, Croydon, Surrey CR9 1AG. Registered in England and Wales no. 01810801. The Financial Services Authority's Register can be accessed through http://www.fsa.gov.uk