Bethesda, MD (PRWEB) June 9, 2010
Next Thursday, June 17, at 3 p.m. EDT, the Healthcare Performance Management Institute will host a Webcast featuring a panel of experts who will reveal how businesses of all sizes can reduce healthcare costs and improve outcomes for their employees by implementing several simple healthcare performance management strategies. Entitled “Decrease Healthcare Costs and Improve Quality through HPM,” the online session will present an interactive dialogue among leading thinkers from the insurance, technology, and business strategy fields.
Health care represents one of the fastest-growing operational expenses for many businesses, non-profits, and government agencies. Efforts to address the complex array of issues associated with health care have been controversial, but a growing number of organizations have developed successful business strategies that have allowed them to hold the line on costs -- or even reduce expenditures -- while elevating the level of care employees and their families receive.
At this Healthcare Performance Management Webcast, participants will learn about:
- The current state of enterprise healthcare management.
- The costs and risks to which organizations are currently exposed.
- Alternative business strategies for addressing out-of-control cost trends.
- Key metrics and management tactics for achieving the twin objectives of reduced health costs and improved outcomes.
Questions will be discussed and addressed throughout the Webcast. Lane Cooper, Editorial Director of BizTechReports, will moderate the panel, which will feature:
- William “Bill” Lavis, Vice President and leader of Employee Benefits practice at Sitzmann Morris & Lavis (SML) since 1988. He is recognized as one of the nation’s leading experts in designing consumer-driven health plans, creating alternative funding options and building cutting-edge care management and cost control programs.
- George Pantos, Executive Director of HPM Institute, who has served as Chief Counsel for the Self Insurance Institute of America (SIIA) and is a former partner in the national law firm Vedder Price of Chicago. Pantos co-founded and served as counsel to The ERISA Industry Committee (ERIC).
- Henry Cha, President of Healthcare Interactive, who is a healthcare technologist specializing in delivering software as a service (SaaS) offerings that help companies better manage employee healthcare programs and related costs.
To register, visit: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/548566856
About the HPM Institute
The Healthcare Performance Management Institute (HPM Institute) is a research and education organization dedicated to promoting the use of business technology and management principles that deliver better and more cost-effective healthcare benefits for employers who cover their employees. The institute’s mission is to introduce and develop a new corporate discipline called healthcare performance management (HPM) — a technology-enabled business strategy that tackles the challenge of controlling healthcare cost and quality in much the same way that enterprises have optimized customer relations, supply chain management and enterprise resource management. HPM provides C-level executives with visibility and control over company healthcare benefits spending trends and risk management postures, while protecting individual employee privacy.
# # #