Exton, PA (PRWEB) June 7, 2010
Scala will offer attendees a first-hand look at its latest digital signage innovations for universities and small businesses at InfoComm 2010, Las Vegas. Scala, the leading provider of end-to-end solutions for the digital signage and advertising management industries, will exhibit the e2Campus™ mass notification system and its new SignChannel software-as-a-service (SaaS) offering in Booth N2151.
For universities looking for emergency messaging capabilities, Scala will be offering live demos of e2Campus. Scala has leveraged the ability of e2Campus to deliver emergency messaging throughout a campus digital signage network powered by Scala 5. When e2Campus generates an emergency alert, Scala Players immediately relay important safety information to students, faculty and staff by way of an RSS feed.
Scala will offer demos of SignChannel, which it acquired from Thinking Screen Media earlier this year. SignChannel (http://www.signchannel.com) provides an easy way for small businesses to understand the competitive advantages offered by digital signage. End users can begin with just one screen because the service supports Wi-Fi photo frames and low-cost media players. There are no installation costs, and software purchases and training are not required.
Scala is also announcing that Scala Content Manager 5 can now deliver content to the SpinetiX HMP100™ hardware player. Under Scala, the HMP100 supports video playback of 720 p, multi-zone layouts, RSS feeds and still images. It also provides SpinetiX support for SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) files, a family of open-standard specifications that allows XML-based file formats to describe static, dynamic and animated information. Scala Certified Partners and systems integrators responsible for specifying digital signage rollouts will soon have another option for playback technology, with an ultra-small form factor, solid-state device with very low power usage that keeps operational costs down.
Several of Scala’s technology partners will be present to showcase services and hardware solutions that are compatible with Scala, including:
- Equus Computer Systems: For nearly 10 years, Equus has offered true turnkey Scala systems in a variety of form factors from rack mount servers to small form factor players. (equuscs.com/scala)
- IAdea Corp.: Maker of low-cost media appliances and photo frames that connect to either traditional Scala networks or the new SignChannel service. (iadea.com)
- MediaVue Systems: Provides the SureVue family of compact and fanless digital signage player PCs that are optimized for Scala. (mediavuesystems.com)
- Sharp: Makers of high-resolution, high-performance PN-E™ Series thin-bezel LCD monitors, designed to meet the diverse needs of commercial users. (sharpusa.com)
- ViewSonic® Corp: Offers a one-stop shop for preconfigured, small form factor PC- and RISC-based players, IAdea-based media appliances and high-definition liquid crystal displays. (viewsonic.com)
The following companies will also provide technology used in Scala’s booth at InfoComm 2010:
- Chief Manufacturing: Designer of innovative mounting solutions (chiefmfg.com)
- Christie Digital: Manufacturer of Christie’s Microtiles™, suitable for a wide variety of digital signage applications (christiedigital.com)
- Panasonic: A leader in plasma and LCD screens for digital signage, Panasonic will provide screens for Scala’s booth. (.panasonic.com)
Additionally, Scala will hold a press conference about SignChannel and other new initiatives. The press conference is scheduled for 11:30 a.m., June 10 at Scala’s booth (N2151). To reserve your spot at this press event or to schedule an interview with one of Scala’s digital signage experts at InfoComm 2010, please contact Debra Yemenijian at debray (at) schubert (dot) com or (610) 269-2100, ext. 224.
Driving more than 500,000 screens worldwide, Scala is a leading global provider of digital signage and advertising management solutions. Scala is the world’s first connected signage company, offering the leading platform for content creation, management and distribution in digital signage networks and the first unified platform for advertising management of both traditional and digital signage networks. The company's digital signage customers include Rabobank, IKEA, Burger King, T-Mobile, Virgin MegaStore, Warner Brothers, The Life Channel, Rikstoto, Repsol, NorgesGruppen and thousands more. Advertising management customers include CBS Outdoor, Clear Channel Outdoor and Magic Media, among others. Scala is headquartered near Philadelphia, USA, and has subsidiaries in Canada, the Netherlands, France, Norway and Japan, as well as more than 450 partners in more than 60 countries. More information is available at http://www.scala.com.
©2010 Scala, Inc. 350 Eagleview Blvd. Exton, PA 19341. Scala and the Exclamation Point Logo are registered trademarks of Scala.