PhatWare releases state-of-the-art handwriting recognition Software Development Kit for Android OS
Mountain View, CA (PRWEB) June 10, 2010
PhatWare Corporation announces today the immediate availability of the first public beta version of WritePad handwriting recognition Software Development Kit (SDK) for Google’s Android OS.
WritePad SDK is a natural, style, writer, and lexicon independent multiplatform handwriting recognition technology. WritePad SDK enables handwriting input in third party applications on pen-enabled mobile and desktop computers powered by Android OS. It is currently available in 4 languages, including English, German, French, and Spanish with more languages to be announced soon.
"After PhatWare announced last month the availability of WritePad SDK for iPhone and iPad, we’ve been receiving numerous requests from developers to support other platforms.", said Stan Miasnikov, president of PhatWare Corp. "Today we are pleased to announce that the first beta of the WritePad SDK for Android OS is now available for evaluation and licensing."
WritePad SDK Features
- Recognizes natural handwritten text in a variety of handwriting styles: cursive (script), PRINT and MIXed.
- Recognizes dictionary words from its main or user-defined dictionary, as well as non-dictionary words, such as names, numbers and mixed alphanumeric combinations.
- Provides automatic segmentation of handwritten text into words and automatically differentiates between vocabulary and non-vocabulary words, and between words and arbitrary alphanumeric strings.
- Does not require a user to train the software and allows for most users to achieve high accuracy right "out of the box".
- Reliably recognizes handwriting in English (US, UK), French, German, and Spanish languages.
WritePad SDK includes static libraries and dictionaries for all supported languages for Android OS 1.6 or later, API header files, documentation, source code for JNI wrapper compatible with Android OS, and sample code in Java. For more information about the WritePad SDK and to request an SDK evaluation, please visit PhatWare’s web site at http://www.phatware.com/developer.
Founded in October 1997, PhatWare Corporation is a leading provider of easy to use powerful software products and professional services for the mobile and desktop computing marketplace. PhatWare specializes in handwriting recognition, digital ink, note taking, and database and network management software development. PhatWare Corporation is a founding member of Microsoft Mobility Partner Advisory Council (MPAC) - a unique partner program developed by Microsoft Corp. to serve as a focused feedback mechanism for Microsoft Windows Mobile platform development, and provide leading companies with the tools and resources they need to bring the most innovative and successful mobility solutions to market - a Microsoft Certified Partner, and Microsoft Windows Embedded partner. To learn more about PhatWare, visit http://www.phatware.com.