TSNN has strengthened its reputation as the go-to destination online for news and information on the trade show industry
Peterborough, NH (PRWEB) June 10, 2010
Taking measures to address voids left in the wake of Tradeshow Week's closure, Peterborough-based Tarsus Online Media, a division of Tarsus Group plc, has bolstered the Trade Show News Network's (TSNN) reputation as the go-to destination for all things trade show-related. Former executives and writers from Tradeshow Week have joined TSNN, where they now work side-by-side with well-known tradeshow industry bloggers. Additionally, the TSNN DataSite has launched, meeting needs that the former Tradeshow Week 200 Annual Directory and Tradeshow Week Data Book filled for years, and a new event, the "TSNN Event Excellence Awards," will replace the TSW Fastest 50 by complementing the already-scheduled MTO Summit taking place on November 9-10 in Alexandria, VA.
"With these moves, TSNN has strengthened its reputation as the go-to destination online for news and information on the trade show industry," said R.D. Whitney, CEO of Tarsus Online Media (USA). "TSNN has the data, TSNN has the bloggers, and now, to round out this major industry shift, TSNN even has key staff formerly of Tradeshow Week. All the activity furthers, in a big way, our mission to provide the trade show industry with the tools it needs to thrive."
Always key to Tradeshow Week's staying power was its focus on providing event planners, show organizers, exhibitors, suppliers and others with sought-after data and in-depth reporting. Continuing in this spirit, Tarsus Online Media implemented several strategic enhancements to TSNN in May of 2010, establishing the site as the undisputed home of industry information and thus shepherding the trade show marketplace through a necessary transition:
1. Rotation of Reports and Commentary from Well-known Industry Bloggers
Picking up where Tradeshow Week left off, a stable of well-known industry writers and bloggers, contracted by TSNN, now provide news and develop online content for the site:
- Chris Brogan, author of "Trust Agents" (with Julien Smith), and "Social Media 101: Tactics and Tips to Develop your Business Online"
- Stephen Nold, president of Tarsus Advon (the Austin, Texas-based division of Tarsus Group that manages TSNN), founder of the MeetingTechOnline website and MTO Summit technology conference and former Tradeshow Week Event Tech blogger
- Dave Lutz, managing director of Velvet Chainsaw, a business improvement consultancy specializing in the meeting and conference industry; blogger at Midcourse Corrections; and regular columnist at PCMA's Convene magazine
- Michelle Bruno, president of Bruno Group Signature Events, an event marketing and management firm; freelance industry journalist; and blogger at Fork in the Road
- Rachel Wimberly, special reports writer for Variety magazine and former writer for Tradeshow Week, The New York Times regional newspapers and CNN Business News
2. Acquisition of Additional Staff Formerly of Tradeshow Week
Key members of Tradeshow Week's former staff join this team of bloggers: Michael Jortner, former director of global sales and business development, and former senior editor and blogger Rachel Wimberly both migrated to TSNN in May of 2010.
3. Creation of the TSNN DataSite
An online resource representing TSNN’s 10 years of data collection on trade shows in North America, the TSNN DataSite fills the role of the now-defunct Tradeshow Week 200 Annual Directory and Tradeshow Week Data Book, providing in-depth, actionable intelligence on the top trade shows in the United States.
4. Establishment of the TSNN Event Excellence Awards
Replacing the TSW Fastest 50, the "TSNN Event Excellent Awards" will take place alongside this fall's MTO Summit, scheduled for November 9-10 at the Hilton Alexandria Hotel in Alexandria, VA.
"TSNN's recent moves represent our multi-point strategy to seamlessly transition show producers and event organizers into a post–Tradeshow Week world," said Stephen Nold, of Tarsus Advon. "We reached out to Tradeshow Week customers to ask what was needed. Over the coming months, we will continue to apply this feedback in developing yet more ways to bolster TSNN's reputation as the undisputed go-to destination for all things trade show-related."
Tarsus Group plc acquired TSNN.com in 2000 and added the site to its online media portfolio. The Trade Show News Network (TSNN) has been the world’s leading online resource for the trade show, exhibition and event industry since 1996. TSNN owns and operates the most widely consulted event database on the internet, containing data on more than 15,000 global trade shows, exhibitions, public events and conferences. The newsletter is distributed to over 120,000 readers. TSNN features an expanding Industry News and Thought Leader blog with contributions from industry leaders and analysts.
Stephen Nold, President, Tarsus Advon