We understand that cranking up the air conditioning is a key component to our customers enduring the Texas heat, the result of which will be increased electricity usage - helping to alleviate costs as much as possible is our way of pitching in, and putting our customers first
Irving, Texas (PRWEB) June 11, 2010
First Choice Power has kicked off summer with some additional efforts to help customers by extending its deposit waivers for low-income seniors, easing its payment arrangement guidelines and challenging customers for a triple match to provide additional bill payment assistance.
"We understand that cranking up the air conditioning is a key component to our customers enduring the Texas heat, the result of which will be increased electricity usage - helping to alleviate costs as much as possible is our way of pitching in, and putting our customers first," said Brian Hayduk, president of First Choice Power.
Customer Relief Program Highlights
- New energy-efficiency program that will promote energy conservation by comparing a customers' usage to that of their neighbors and providing customized energy-saving tips.
- Deposit waivers for seniors 62 and older.
- Residential customers may pay their deposit in two equal installments.
- Payment arrangement access for new customers.
- First Choice Power offers customer choice with a broad range of price plans, including two-year price protection and 100 percent renewable energy plans.
- Energy-efficiency tips for every room in the house. Visit http://www.FirstChoicePower.com/tips and http://www.Twitter.com/FirstChoicePwr
- First Choice Power Reduce Your UseTM grants are awarded this month to nonprofits and chambers for use in purchasing energy-efficiency products and services.
- Care to Share bill payment assistance funds also are available for deposits.
Triple Match for Care to Share
First Choice Power will triple any donations made to its Care to Share program to help low-income and elderly who need help paying their bills. For every $1 a residential customer donates to the Care to Share Fund now until Sept. 1, 2010, First Choice Power will contribute $3. Customers can make a contribution by adding a donation to their monthly bill payment and submitting it along with their check payment. Donations are tax- deductible.
LITE-UP Texas Reminder
Participants in the LITE-UP TEXAS program: The 2010 discount period is May to September. For more information and program requirements, call (866) 454-8387 or visit the Public Utility Commission of Texas website, http://www.puc.state.tx.us/ocp/assist/lowincasst.cfm
About First Choice Power
First Choice Power lives by the mantra of "you first," which is seen through nonprofit and school support, competitive pricing and friendly customer care. A subsidiary of PNM Resources, First Choice Power strives to make each customer-based initiative a priority. We're committed to providing electricity with great customer service, rewarding loyalty with special offers and giving back to our Texas communities. Learn more at http://www.FirstChoicePower.com.
PUCT REP Certification No. 10008 | First Choice Power Special Purpose, L.P.
# # #