One of the biggest problems today with multiple FPGA platforms used for system verification and validation, is that they simply cannot run at real world speeds; BEE4 solves that problem
Fremont, CA (PRWEB) June 14, 2010
BEEcube Inc, a leading provider of advanced system-level FPGA prototyping platforms, today announces the ultimate full-speed FPGA prototyping platform and its latest generation of BEEcube’s successful BEE™ systems, the BEE4. The 4th generation BEE, the BEE4 design is a result of 150 BEE systems used worldwide and over 10 years of research. The BEE4 will start shipping at the end of summer and can be pre-ordered from BEEcube today.
“One of the biggest problems today with multiple FPGA platforms used for system verification and validation, is that they simply cannot run at real world speeds; BEE4 solves that problem” states Chen Chang, BEEcube founder and CTO. “Based on multiple Virtex6 FPGAs, not only does the BEE4 address the latest design size capacity needs, but we offer massive amounts of memory for both RTL and application debugging needs, all without sacrificing communication speeds between all BEE4 components including FPGAs, memory, or I/Os.”
BEE4, the ultimate full speed FPGA prototyping platform, is perfect for both high-speed RTL verification and real data rate system integration validation. With its unique capabilities and features, BEE4 directly addresses:
- LTE+ Digital and Mixed Signal Communication Designs with multiple integrated DAC/ADC components.
- High Speed Multi-core SoC Design Verification and Exploration, including Hypervisor based designs.
- Specialized Networking Chipset Prototyping including PHY chip designs, packet inspection, encryption IP, routers, etc.
- Application Processor designs with integrated high-end HD capability
Each BEE4 module consists of 4 FPGAs based on a unique HPC (High Performance Computing) architecture. BEE4 modules can be stacked or clustered to increase capacity without losing speed. Depending on the design, users can run prototype logic up to 500 MHz and digital interface communication at 640 Gbps per BEE4 module, including optical interfaces and multiple Digital to Analog and Analog to Digital Components. BEE4 supports the latest FMC and QSPF+ interface standards.
BEE4 modules support of a variety of high-end Virtex 6 FPGAs, including LXT 240/365/550 and
SXT 315/475, allowing BEE4 to support 20 MGate designs per module, or 400 MGates per rack.
BEE4 Capabilities include:
- Scalable Full Speed Interconnected Modules – Up to 80 Modules per Cluster
- An Integrated Flexible PC Environment – for Control, Setup, and Management of Prototyping Design
- Direct Multi-user, Multi Application and Remote Access, including all standard internet protocols
- Full Speed Network I/O – 640Gbps/Module
- Industry’s Largest Buffer and Debug Memory – 128 GB/Module
- Direct support for Large Designs – 20 MGates/Module
- Industry’s most Advanced and Flexible Expansion Options – SFP/SFP+, ADC/DAC, HDMI
BEE4 Features include:
- Xilinx Virtex-6 FPGAs , Up to 500 MHz
- QSFP+, 20 Gbps (8x)
- FMC (HPC) Expansion Slots (4x)
- Gen2 PCI Express 8-lane (4x)
- DDR3-800/1066 ECC RDIMM (8x)
- Gigabit Ethernet (4x)
- Independent Globally Synchronous Clock Trees (4x)
- Integrated Atom PC Module
- 2U Rack-Module
The BEE4 is now BEEcube’s highest-end product, designed to address cutting edge prototyping design needs. The BEE3 will continue to address mid-range problem domains, as well as Academic and Research needs.
BEEcube is exhibiting at DAC 2010, Monday, June 14th through Wednesday, June 16th from 9:00am-6:00pm at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, CA, and will be providing additional information on the BEE4 and BEE3 product lines.
For more information about the Design Automation Conference visit http://www2.dac.com/
BEEcube, a leading provider of advanced system-level FPGA prototyping platforms, was founded in 2006. Spinning out of the University of California, Berkeley, BEEcube’s founders include the best academic minds in Silicon Valley and are credited with founding a number of leading companies, including Atheros Communications.
There are over 150 BEE systems deployed worldwide in major corporations and top universities. Corporations currently using BEE systems include: Xilinx, Microsoft, Sun Microsystems, Aerospace Corporation, and Thales Group. Leading universities include: University of California, Berkeley, Stanford University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Imperial College London, Barcelona Super Computing Center, Tokyo University, Tsinghua University, and Peking University.
For more information contact email@example.com or visit the website: http://www.beecube.com. Telephone: (510)252-1136. Facsimile: (888)700-8917. BEEcube’s corporate headquarters is based at 39465 Paseo Padre Parkway, Suite 3700, Fremont, CA 94538.
BEEcube, BEE, BEE3, BEE3-W, BEE4, BEEcube Platform Studio are trademarks of BEEcube Inc. All rights reserved.
BEEcube acknowledges trademarks or registered trademarks of other organizations for their respective products and services.
# # #