San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) June 11, 2010
The Bandwidth Music | Technology Conference, the annual gathering of music and media professionals, has announced its initial lineup of speakers. This year’s conference takes place on August 19 and 20, 2010 in San Francisco.
Jac Holzman will be a featured speaker at Bandwidth 2010. Mr. Holzman was the Founder, Chief Executive Officer and Creative Head of Elektra Records (1950) and Nonesuch Records (1964), and he was instrumental in the careers of The Doors, Bread, Love, Carly Simon, Harry Chapin, Iggy & The Stooges, Queen and numerous others. 2010 marks the 60th Anniversary of the founding of Elektra Records.
Mr. Holzman has long been on the cutting edge of emerging technologies within the entertainment industry. In 1973, he became Senior Vice-President of Warner Communications Inc. and the company's Chief Technologist. Mr. Holzman went on to also serve as director of Pioneer Electronics, Japan and as Senior Consultant to Pioneer, contributed to Pioneer's early adoption and successful implementation of both Compact Disc (CD) and LaserDisc technology, and led the team that launched CD for the Warner Music Group.
Currently, Jac Holzman is back full time at Warner Music Group immersing himself in a wide range of Digital Music Initiatives, and serving as Senior Advisor to WMG Chairman, Edgar Bronfman Jr. In 2007, Mr. Holzman was honored with the MOJO Medal, awarded by MOJO, Britain’s leading rock magazine and in 2008 he received a Trustees Grammy for lifetime achievement from the National Academy of Recording Art and Sciences.
Other speakers announced to be part of Bandwidth 2010 include:
- Zeeshan Zaidi, Chief Operating Officer, LimeWire -- Mr. Zaidi has spent more than a decade the in entertainment and digital media industries, in both creative and business capacities. Mr. Zaidi has held various roles at Sony BMG and also helped develop the careers of artists such as Avril Lavigne, Usher, Santana, OutKast, Pink, Dido, Sarah McLachlan and many others while heading up Arista Records’ online marketing department.
- Larry Weintraub, CEO and co-founder, Fanscape-- Larry Weintraub is the CEO and co-founder of Fanscape, the leading Social Media Marketing Agency with twelve years of experience helping clients reach and activate consumers to foster targeted and engaging marketing through online and emerging media. Mr. Weintraub has 20-plus years of marketing and branding experience and prior to co-founding Fanscape in 1998, he expanded the careers of multi-platinum musicians in positions such as Vice President of Artist Development and Artist Relations at A&M Records.
- Kelli Richards, President & CEO, The All Access Group -- Kelli Richards is a senior level business consultant, coach, mentor and thought leader as an executive in digital music and entertainment for over two decades. Prior to launching her company, The All Access Group, she launched and ran music and entertainment initiatives during her 10-year tenure at Apple.
- Adam Farrell, Head of Marketing, Beggars Group -- Adam Farrell oversees the marketing for Beggars Group, which includes indie labels 4AD, Matador Records, Rough Trade and XL Recordings. He is fortunate enough to work with some of his favorite artists including Sigur Rós, The National, Girls, the xx, Cat Power, Jarvis Cocker, The New Pornographers, Ted Leo, Vampire Weekend and Blonde Redhead.
- Gregor Dodson, Director of Product Management, IODA – Mr. Dodson manages product development at IODA, including development of the core distribution platform, proprietary client tools and analytics within the Rightsholder Dashboard, and content and data integration with IODA’s partners worldwide.
- Rich Bengloff, President, A2IM -- The American Association of Independent Music (A2IM) is a non-profit trade organization protecting the rights of the Independent music label community. Mr. Bengloff has spent much of his career in the music and entertainment industry, having worked at both music labels and music distributors at both independent and major music companies.
Speakers will lead board-room style sessions where attendees can take part in the conversation. Bandwidth explores the evolving musical experience -- how people discover, purchase, interact with, and are exposed to new music -- with a focus on marketing, fan behavior, current trends, and future forecasts.
Additional speakers will be announced shortly on the Bandwidth Conference website http://www.bandwidthconference.com