For more information, visit Bloomberglink.com
New York, NY (PRWEB) June 12, 2010
Bloomberg L.P. will bring together influential business, political and academic leaders at the Bloomberg Boards & Risk Briefing in Washington, D.C. on June 15, 2010. Participants will convene at the Newseum to explore key governance issues facing boards, including board independence, executive compensation, board committee structures, and cyber risks.
The event is co-hosted with Mayer Brown and Carnegie Mellon CyLab, and it is co-chaired by former SEC Chairman Arthur Levitt and Bloomberg Chief Content Officer Norman Pearlstine. Other leaders participating include:
· Richard Breeden, Breeden Capital Management;
· Leslie Harris, Center for Democracy & Technology;
· Frank M. Hatheway, NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc.;
· John Hofmeister, Citizens for Affordable Energy Inc.;
· Al Hunt, Bloomberg News, Washington Executive Editor;
· Pradeep K. Khosla, Ph.D., Carnegie Mellon University;
· William O’Brien, Direct Edge;
· Richard D. Parsons, Citigroup;
· Val Rahmani, Damballa;
· Enrique Salem, Symantec Corporation;
· Rick Wesson, Support Intelligence, Inc.
· Jody Westby, Global Cyber Risk
Panels throughout the one-day event will include conversations on trading risks, managing a board in times of crisis, and the looming regulatory environment. Carnegie Mellon CyLab will release its 2010 Governance Survey and participants will also discuss the recent economic downturn and address the question of 'how much is too much' when it comes to director salaries.
The Bloomberg Boards & Risk Briefing is a production of Bloomberg LINK, organizer of summits, briefings and events. For information on sponsoring, attending or speaking, visit http://www.bloomberglink.com or call (212) 647-6530.