Carrollton, GA (PRWEB) June 14, 2010
Greenway Medical Technologies, Inc., provider of the integrated electronic health record (EHR), practice management and interoperability solution PrimeSuite®, is today launching BlogEHR, an interactive blog site focusing on the critical and timely issues of healthcare information technology (HIT).
As EHR meaningful use criteria and stimulus incentive funds move to fruition in the coming months, Greenway leadership will provide expertise on the practical applications of improved healthcare outcomes through technological innovations touching every aspect of patient and customer encounters.
At launch, featured blogEHRs include:
- Greenway President and CEO Wyche T. “Tee” Green, III on today’s customer experience, industry trends and innovations, and managing the business of Health IT;
- Marketing, Corporate Development and Government Affairs Vice President Justin Barnes on the industry’s strategic future, Capitol Hill updates and the legislative and regulatory insights critical to achieving a sustainable healthcare system;
- Chief Medical Officer Dr. Jim Ingram on the physician perspective - balancing point of care clinical outcomes with available technologies and beyond;
- PrimeSuite Research and Development Vice President Johnathan Samples on key EHR functionality innovations and the rise of integrated technologies and breakthroughs;
- Client Services Vice President Eric Grunden on evolving healthcare delivery models and customer expectations;
- Human Resources Vice President Wendy Lucio on building a 21st Century HIT workforce – the needs, solutions and the future of informatics in higher education;
As the dynamic and expanding reach of health information technology proceeds, critical topics of discussion will include the certification and meaningful use of electronic health records and electronic medical records (EMR) and their impact on eligible professionals and eligible hospital providers, as well as advancements of interoperability and standards-based data exchange and the growth of Health Information Exchange (HIE) and Regional Extension Center (REC) programs.
As a national public policy leader, Greenway closely monitors all healthcare legislation in Congress as well as all healthcare regulation within the president’s administration. The Greenway blog will advise on key topics from Capitol Hill as well as the maturation and implementation of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA). Readers and participants can expect consistent and timely updates from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC), the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the National Quality Forum (NQF) and many other agencies that affect healthcare in America.
About Greenway Medical Technologies, Inc.
Greenway Medical Technologies provides the latest in EMR, ambulatory healthcare and clinical research business solutions and services to more than 23,000 healthcare providers nationwide, in 30 specialties and subspecialties, by enhancing the delivery of patient care through innovative HIT software and on-demand services that allow physician practices to function at their highest level of efficiency. Greenway’s PrimeSuite is a comprehensive, interoperability component of the integrated physician’s infrastructure solution, which serves as the starting point of a long-term business plan for physician practices. PrimeSuite 2011 is a pre-market CCHIT Certified® 2011 Ambulatory EMR, additionally certified for Child Health and Cardiovascular Medicine, with optional Advanced Reporting. PrimeSuite integrates a practice’s clinical, financial and administrative processes, and allows practices to increase profitability, enhance patient satisfaction and facilitate adherence to compliance guidelines. Established in 1998, Carrollton, Ga.-based Greenway Medical Technologies is a privately held company with more than 300 employees. For more information about Greenway, visit http://www.greenwaymedical.com.
Except for the historical information contained herein, the matters discussed in the press release are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the safe-harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ materially, including but not limited to economic, competitive, governmental, and technological factors affecting the Company's operations, markets, services and related products, prices, and other factors.
# # #