It is crucial for manufacturers, pharmacies, pharmacy benefit managers, and healthcare policy makers to understand the implications of this industry’s evolution.
Philadelphia, PA (PRWEB) June 15, 2010
Today Pembroke Consulting released The 2010-11 Economic Report on Pharmaceutical Wholesalers, a comprehensive analysis of the U.S. drug wholesaling industry. This new research report is a definitive, nonpartisan state-of-the-art resource for anyone who wants to analyze and benefit from the economic forces reshaping this highly competitive sector.
“The biggest wholesalers are positioning themselves as indispensable intermediaries in the supply chain and staking out a powerful position in high-growth channels for specialty drugs,” said Pembroke Consulting President Adam J. Fein, Ph.D., the study's author and one of the country’s leading experts on pharmacy economics and the pharmaceutical supply chain. “It is crucial for manufacturers, pharmacies, pharmacy benefit managers, and healthcare policy makers to understand the implications of this industry’s evolution.”
The 2010-11 Economic Report on Pharmaceutical Wholesalers covers the most important elements of the sector by:
- Describing the economic structure and major participants within the pharmaceutical wholesaling industry
- Explaining the wholesalers’ role in channels for both traditional and specialty drugs
- Illuminating how wholesalers earn profits from fee-for-service agreements between wholesalers and pharmaceutical manufacturers
- Documenting how wholesaler profitability varies for different pharmacy customers
- Identifying the most important trends affecting future profitability and market structure
- Analyzing the financial and business strategies of the Big 3 wholesalers—AmerisourceBergen Corp. (NYSE:ABC), Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE:CAH), and McKesson Corp. (NYSE:MCK)
To download the 2010-11 Economic Report on Pharmaceutical Wholesalers, please visit pembrokeconsulting.com/wholesale.html.
Pembroke Consulting is a management advisory and business research firm that helps executives improve strategic and tactical decision making in the pharmaceutical industry. To learn more about its services visit PembrokeConsulting.com. Dr. Fein writes the popular and influential blog DrugChannels.net.
# # #