"Swapping clothes and other gently used items is the trendiest way to spend time with friends and make the most of a down economy."
North Hollywood, CA (PRWEB) June 15, 2010
The Frugal Festival Summer Swap is LA's biggest and best-ever clothing swap, with 300+ savvy shoppers descending on the North Hollywood Performing Arts Center for one day only to swap designer clothing, accessories, home decor, books, music & movies – all curated by national sustainable style and bargain shopping experts Julia Scott of BargainBabe.com, and Amy Chase & Melissa Massello of TheSwapaholics.com.
- 300+ admission-paying attendees expected for the day-long swap
- Reusable swap bags given to each attendee stuffed with free beauty samples, exclusive coupons, and a $25 Restaurant.com gift certificate
- 25 VIP swag bags include a front-of-the-line pass, a free movie ticket to AMC, Loews, or Cineplex Odeon theaters, samples of Starbucks VIA coffee, the Free Fun LA guidebook, a copy of Secrets of a Stingy Scoundrel, a WalletPop.com baseball cap, a drink voucher for Holiday Inn Santa Monica, plus exclusive coupons and beauty samples!
- Admission includes raffle ticket; prizes include 8GB iPod and 2-night hotel stay at Holiday Inn Santa Monica, and a waterproof Ipod boombox
- $1 from each ticket goes to Children of the Night and all leftover items donated to Goodwill
- Popular LA-area DJ Cassette spinning tunes from 1 to 3 p.m.
- Sponsors include WalletPop.com, Goldstar, Holiday Inn Santa Monica, Savings.com, LOZO.com, Planet Green, and Free Fun LA, Yelp, and Restaurant.com
- Tickets sold exclusively through Goldstar.com for $5-$15
Swapping clothes and other gently used items is the trendiest way to spend time with friends and make the most of a down economy. Recycle clothing, home goods and media and take home "new to you" items.
Hosts Julia Scott of BargainBabe.com and Amy Chase and Melissa Massello of TheSwapaholics.com have been featured in USA Today, Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, US News & World Report, The Boston Globe, on Good Morning America, Martha Stewart Living Radio and dozens of local network news stations for their modern swap meet and bargain expertise.
About Bargain Babe: BargainBabe.com helps readers save money on everyday expenses like groceries, gasoline, and gifts. Founded in January 2009 by former print reporter and columnist Julia Scott, the site has a national following and attracts 50,000 unique monthly visitors.
About The Swapaholics: TheSwapaholics.com is devoted to all things swap-related and founders Amy Chase and Melissa Massello have run dozens of swaps and been featured in USA Today, The Boston Globe, and NBC News for their modern swap expertise. This is their first swap on the West Coast!