Montreal, QC (PRWEB) June 16, 2010
The world’s leading speech recognition grammar development platform just got better. Nu Echo is pleased to announce the immediate availability of NuGram Server Free Developer Edition, which will finally enable developers to download a completely free version of NuGram Server and immediately take advantage of its complete set of advanced capabilities.
The NuGram Platform has two key components:
- NuGram IDE, a fully-integrated, Eclipse-based, grammar development environment, used to create, debug, test, and maintain static and dynamic grammars.
- NuGram Server, a robust and scalable server that adds optional grammar runtime capabilities, for instance to generate grammars on-the-fly at run time.
For over a year, hundreds of speech application developers worldwide have taken advantage of NuGram IDE’s powerful features in order to develop better grammars faster. In particular:
- The grammar editor’s advanced features (syntax coloring, on-the-fly validation, content-assist, sophisticated refactoring tools, etc.) greatly accelerate development and increase quality by detecting a wide range of grammar errors and problems on-the-fly.
- Its integrated suite of analysis, testing, and debugging tools make it easy to find problems early – and fix them.
- Its coverage tool helps insuring grammar integrity and making sure that no problem is ever accidentally introduced during development or maintenance.
- The use of a single development environment regardless of the target speech engine minimizes the learning curve and enhances portability.
One of the revolutionary features of the NuGram Platform is the ability to develop dynamic grammars just as easily as static grammars, using the same powerful environment and set of tools, and to deploy them as simply as JSP pages. This means that there is no longer any need for the traditionally complex, error prone, and difficult to test approaches for developing dynamic grammars.
Until now, however, developers could not easily experiment with the dynamic grammar features of the NuGram Platform since, in order to do so, they were required to purchase a license of NuGram Server. With the introduction of a Free Developer Edition, this is no longer the case.
“We have been extremely pleased with the adoption rate of NuGram IDE by the developer community,” commented Dominique Boucher, Nu Echo CTO and the Chief Architect of NuGram. “However, we realized that our users needed an easier access to NuGram Server in order to fully explore all its capabilities. This is why we decided to introduce the Free Developer Edition.”
In addition to being used for generating grammars on-the-fly, NuGram Server is a powerful platform that can enhance speech applications with additional runtime capabilities, including:
- The ability to perform semantic interpretation of text sentences using the leading semantic tag languages; and
- The ability to post-process recognition results.
In the near future, additional runtime capabilities will be introduced, in particular, the computation of enhanced confidence scores, as well as the ability to use sophisticated robust parsing capabilities.
For information about NuGram, please visit nugram.nuecho.com.
About Nu Echo
Nu Echo develops high performance speech recognition applications and development tools. Building on two decades of expertise in speech recognition application development, Nu Echo is uniquely equipped to deliver applications and tools that simply work better. The company also provides a full range of professional services, including grammar development and tuning, speech application testing, and consulting. For more information, please visit http://www.nuecho.com.