Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) June 17, 2010
John Bollinger's book "Bollinger on Bollinger Bands" was published in 2001 by McGraw Hill and has been translated into eight languages. John Bollinger's website http://www.BollingerOnBollingerBands.com was created to support the book and provides access to the analytic and trading approaches that were introduced in the book, plus a wide array of technical analysis tools.
The free area of the website includes a thorough description of the three Bollinger Band trading approaches presented in the book; a free stock charting program with several features including Bollinger Bands and Pivot Points; and a description of Arthur Merrill's M and W patterns.
The subscriber area includes customizable stock charts and access to a wide variety of technical analysis tools and indicators; lists of stocks that meet the criteria for each of the Bollinger Band trading approaches updated on a daily basis, including both long and short positions; an extensive stock-screening program that allow users to customize searches to fit their own criteria; a unique pattern recognition system that categorizes stocks into a series of M and W patterns; and a personalized portfolio area so users can review how their holdings are doing at a glance.
A complete upgrade to the website has just been completed, including some technical analysis tools that are unique to BollingerOnBollingerBands:
John Bollinger's latest Bollinger Band Indicators:
- BB Impulse measures price moves as a function of the width of the Bollinger Bands
- Percent Bandwidth is a normalized and more intuitive view of BandWidth
- Bandwidth Delta charts the rate of change in BandWidth
Three Indicators developed by Jim Alphier:
In discussing why these were added Bollinger said "Jim Alphier passed away unexpectedly in 1990. He was a portfolio manager, market historian and a master technician that took most of his knowledge with him to the grave. However by studying his papers we have been able to recreate three of his indicators, Expectations, Psychology and Conviction. We feel that these three are amongst his most important contributions and we are confident that our interpretations are true to his conceptions"
- Alphier Conviction is a divergence indicator that compares the count of plus and minus days versus actual gains
- Alphier Expectation is a supply-demand chart with specific buy and sell rules
- Alphier Psychology is the central component of the Alphier Expectation chart that is more sensitive and shorter-term in outlook
- The Price Magnet is an overly that plots a series of points in and around the price structure that provide an indication of potential price movement. "I am particularly proud of the Price Magnet, which is essentially a new kind of technical analysis" says Bollinger. "The Price Magnet indicates the path of least resistance".
- Bollinger Envelopes are a variation on Bollinger Bands that focus on the extremes of price action. Bollinger Bands are centered on a moving average--usually of the close, while Bollinger Envelopes are anchored by the extremes, the highs and the lows.
"We are constantly upgrading BollingerOnBollingerBands.com" says Bollinger. "Users submit requests and I have new ideas I want to incorporate so the website is constantly improving, offers ever more comprehensive tools and is easier to use".
About John Bollinger
John Bollinger is probably best known for his Bollinger Bands, which have been widely accepted and integrated into most of the analytical software currently in use. His book "Bollinger on Bollinger Bands" was published in 2001 by McGraw Hill and has been translated into eight languages. He is the president and founder of Bollinger Capital Management, Inc., an investment management company that provides technically driven money management services. The firm also develops and provides proprietary research for institutions and individuals.
Mr. Bollinger has published the Capital Growth Letter since 1987 and is interviewed regularly on television and radio. He is a speaker at financial seminars worldwide and the founder of several financial websites: http://www.EquityTrader.com, http://www.FundsTrader.com, http://www.BollingerBands.com, http://www.BollingerOnBollingerBands.com, http://www.GroupPower.com, http://www.PatternPower.com, http://www.MarketTechnician.com and http://www.BBForex.com.
John Bollinger is the recipient of the 2005 Market Technicians Association Annual Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Field of Technical Analysis.