The idea for Clean Bottle came to me on a bike ride," states Mayer. "Earlier in the day I went to grab my bottle only to find it looking like a science experiment gone wrong!
Portola Valley, CA (PRWEB) June 17, 2010
Introducing the first truly cleanable sports drink bottle to hit the market. Developed by cyclist and entrepreneur David Mayer, the Clean Bottle features a removable bottom that allows thorough cleaning of a bottle like never before possible.
"The idea for Clean Bottle came to me on a bike ride," states Mayer.
"I went to grab my bottle only to find it looking like a science experiment gone wrong, with mold and gunk everywhere. It was impossible to clean so I had to throw it away.
Right then it dawned on me that if I had easy access to the bottom of the bottle I could clean it and dry it much more easily - saving me time, energy, money and probably a stomach ache or two."
The Clean Bottle (tm) features a patent-pending, leak-proof, screw-off bottom, and is made with 100% non-toxic, BPA-free plastics, making it safe to use over and over. . . Gone are the days of trying in vain to wash out that funk at the bottom of your bottles. With Clean Bottle (tm), cleaning and drying are easy.
Using the Clean Bottle (tm) is also a great way to reduce the use of one-time plastic water bottles. Fill your Clean Bottle up with filtered tap water and keep plastic out of our landfills and waterways.
10% OF ALL CLEAN BOTTLE(TM) PROFITS ARE DONATED TO ECO-FRIENDLY CHARITIES
"I started this company as a way to get a great product out to market and feed my cycling habit," states Mayer. "In addition to contributing to cleaner, safer and less wasteful beverage containers, I thought this would be a great opportunity to help other causes around the globe."
Clean Bottle customers can pledge their profits to the following charities, and can also nominate other charities that they would like to support.
- Engineers Without Borders - Partners with developing communities to implement sustainable engineering projects.
- Nature Conservancy - Works to protect ecologically important lands and waters for nature and people.
- Yield to Life - Founded by professional cyclist Dave Zabriskie to create a safer environment for cyclists through education.
- Water 1st - Serves families in the poorest communities in the world as they implement community-managed projects that integrate water supply, sanitation, and health education.
- California Bicycle Coalition - Education and lobbying organization working to improve bicycling conditions in California.