is to provide youth who have achieved academic success and display a passion for sports and the arts, the opportunity to attend sport and creative art camps throughout the country
New York, NY (PRWEB) June 17, 2010
Sean James Student Athletes Foundation (SJSA), whose mission “is to provide youth who have achieved academic success and display a passion for sports and the arts, the opportunity to attend sport and creative art camps throughout the country,” thus fostering leadership and confidence, is proud to announce the launch of SJSA’s first line of T-shirts for charity.
The SJSA Foundation believes there are a series of core values that will help ground and center children who are just discovering their talents. Each T-shirt, which was personally designed by Sean James, embodies a message that delivers a personal statement of encouragement and support.
The first line of T-shirts features six core values, each uniquely designed:
1) Find Your Stride - The original theme for the foundation, which encourages student athletes and student artists, to find their stride in their personal goals, in school and potential future careers, while developing relationships with different people and places.
2) SJSA Logo/Shield - Embodies all the ingredients Sean James Student Athletes stand for, including an artistic and/or athletic form of achievement, the foundation initials SJSA, the iconic thurobred (intentional spelling) horse running in the circle, representing strength, the original theme “Find Your Stride” and lastly, but most importantly, the graduation hat at the top of the logo representing education, the cornerstone of success.
3) Thurobred, It’s In The Genes - Everyone has a natural given talent built into their DNA; through hard work, study and practice one can discover and refine their talent through art or athleticism; it’s already inside each of us. (Thurobred – intentional spelling)
4) Step Your Game Up – Often, when working with kids, Sean James uses the catch phrase, “Step Your Game Up” to encourage and inspire kids to work harder and to believe in their own ability. The kids in turn encouraged James to use this catch phrase as an SJSA theme for one of the foundation’s T-shirts.
5) FOCUS – The ability to focus is one of the most powerful and difficult skills for any person to maintain consistently. This skill will determine the outcome of being good or being great, the difference between achieving an A or a B on an exam. The foundation wants to ensure that each student understands this lesson: when you internalize a strong sense of focus on something you truly want to achieve, it will materialize.
6) The Paul Robeson Pinnacle Brand Artist/Intellect/Athlete – Directly inspired by Paul Robeson, the artist, the intellect, the athlete. Robeson, with all the challenges of his time was able to reach the highest level of development attainable in each discipline. Robeson represents the ultimate message of SJSA: that not one word, nor talent, should define all that you are as a person. When an individual seeks out their gift as an artist or an athlete, there are times when the outside world may only see artistic or athletic ability. The reality is, however, that there is more to each individual that can go unseen as it relates to their mind and their intellect. By bringing all these strengths together you reveal a more complete and well-balanced personality, which in turn can contribute even more.
The SJSA T-shirts for charity will be available on the foundation’s website http://www.sjsafoundation.com/store/ for men, women and children. Prices range from $23-$40 per T-shirt there are over 65 different styles of T-shirts you can choose from. All proceeds will be invested in the continued development of SJSA aspiring student athletes and student artists, as they find their stride.
In continued partnership with the Boys & Girls Clubs of New York and Kansas the SJSA Foundation will soon announce the 2010 summer scholarship winners, of which there will be seventeen aspiring athletes, artists and minds.
To learn more about SJSA Go Find Your Stride at http://www.sjsafoundation.com.
Sean James Athletes Foundation - SJSA Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt non-profit organization. The foundation was established in June 2007 and provides scholarships to middle school students through the Boys and Girls Club and public schools in New York and Kansas.
Sean James - sjames(at)sjsafoundation(dot)com 646-368-1817
# # #