Businesses have come to expect the best from Cablevision and Optimum, and we are pleased that our commitment to quality, value, advanced technology and the highest levels of customer service has once again been recognized by J.D. Power and Associates.
Bethpage, N.Y. (PRWEB) June 17, 2010
Cablevision Systems Corp. (NYSE: CVC) today announced that its Optimum Online high-speed Internet service again received top honors in the J.D. Power and Associates 2010 Major Provider Business Telecommunications Data Services StudySM for home-based businesses. Optimum Online's overall rating for data services ranked highest - leading all other providers in the segment - including traditional telecommunications providers and other multiple system cable operators. The 2010 Major Provider Business Telecommunications Data Services Study was fielded September and November, 2009 and January and March, 2010.
The study, released by J.D. Power and Associates earlier today, ranks service providers based on customer satisfaction with telecommunications data services, focusing on a range of key product and buying experience attributes including: performance and reliability; billing; cost of service; offerings and promotions; and customer service. This year's results show Optimum Online receiving the "highest numerical score" among each segment resulting in the highest overall customer satisfaction ranking for home-based business data service providers and performing particularly well in cost of service as well as offerings and promotions.
"Businesses have come to expect the best from Cablevision and Optimum, and we are pleased that our commitment to quality, value, advanced technology and the highest levels of customer service has once again been recognized by J.D. Power and Associates," said Joseph Varello, vice president of product management for Cablevision. "Optimum Business customers have access to a variety of advanced features and benefits including Optimum WiFi, the nation's largest and most advanced WiFi network, robust e-mail with remote access, easy and transparent billing with flat-rate pricing, dedicated 24/7 customer support and other benefits."
Designed for small and medium or home-based business that require high-speed Internet and voice communications, Optimum Business provides bottom line benefits like predictable flat rate pricing and highly reliable voice and data services. Optimum Online leads the nation in market acceptance, having achieved a broadband market share in Cablevision's service area of more than 75 percent, representing the most highly-penetrated high-speed Internet service in the country.
Optimum Business offers home-based and small and medium-sized businesses three powerful and distinct high-speed Internet products to support their business needs, including the fastest downstream broadband in the country, Optimum Online Ultra:
- Optimum Online delivering speeds of up to 15 megabits-per-second Mbps downstream and 2 Mbps upstream;
- Optimum Online Boost providing downstream speeds up to 30 Mbps and upstream speeds of 5 Mbps;
- And, Optimum Online Ultra offering downstream speeds of up to 101 Mbps and upstream speeds up to 15 Mbps.
Key benefits of Optimum Online for Business include:
- Free Optimum WiFi: Access to Optimum WiFi -- the nation's largest and most advanced WiFi network, based on geographic coverage -- providing fast and reliable wireless Internet access across Cablevision's service area when out of the office.
- Advanced Email including Remote Access Optimum Online email includes a webmail feature that enables access from any browser, including a user's mobile phone or PDA. Optimum Online provides up to five Optimum.net email addresses each with 2GB of storage. Both Optimum Online Boost and Optimum Online Ultra provide up to 15 Optimum.net email addresses each with 5GB of storage. Domain-based email is available with Optimum Online Web Hosting and provides up to 250 email addresses, each with 500 MB of storage.
- Dedicated 24/7 Customer Service: Optimum Business customer service is local, 24/7 and includes dedicated technical support.
- Easy to Follow and Easy to Understand Bill: Quality and service at the right cost with predictable, flat rate pricing and no hidden fees or extra charges delivered via an ebill (or electronic bill).
- Self-Management of Services Through Web Portal: Business customers are able to manage their user IDs, passwords, email and service features.
- Free Internet Security Suite: CA Internet Security Suite 2010 provides comprehensive protection against Internet threats.
- Optimum Online Web Hosting: Available to Optimum Online Boost and Optimum Online Ultra subscribers, Optimum Online Web Hosting allows customers to register one domain name for free, create and launch a website and set up ecommerce capabilities. Customers receive 12GB of disk space, up to 250GB of traffic and unlimited SiteBuilder Pages.
- Static IP: For use with Optimum Online Boost and Optimum Online Ultra. The service dispenses up to 5 unique Static IP addresses and offers customers the ability to host their own Web Server or E-mail Server.
Last year, Optimum Online received the highest customer satisfaction with home-based business in the J.D. Power and Associates 2009 Major Provider Business Telecommunications Data Services StudySM*. Optimum Online was previously ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among High-Speed Internet Service Providers in the East Region" in the J.D. Power and Associates 2008 Internet Service Provider (ISP) Residential Customer Satisfaction StudySM**.
The full J.D. Power and Associates' press release and survey results are available at: http://businesscenter.jdpower.com/news/pressrelease.aspx?ID=2010098.
To learn more about Optimum Business, including features, benefits and more, please visit http://www.optimumbusiness.com.
*Cablevision's Optimum Online received the highest numerical score among home-based business data service providers in the proprietary J.D. Power and Associates 2009 Major Provider Business Telecommunications Data Services StudySM. Study based on 4,252 total responses measuring 9 providers and measures opinions of home-based businesses (one to five employees based from a non-commercial location). Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of businesses surveyed in January- April 2009. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.
**Cablevision's Optimum Online received the highest numerical score among internet service providers in the East Region in the proprietary J.D. Power and Associates 2008 Internet Service Provider Residential Customer Satisfaction StudySM. Study based on 16,933 total responses from consumers measuring 11 providers in the East region (CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT, VA, DC, WV) and measures satisfaction of consumers with their internet service provider. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed in July 2008. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.
Cablevision Systems Corporation (NYSE: CVC) is one of the nation's leading media and entertainment companies. Its assets include its cable television operations, which provide industry-leading services to more than 3 million New York area households, and its award-winning television networks, which deliver some of today's most watched programming to hundreds of millions of consumers worldwide. A state-of-the-art cable system enables the company to offer a full suite of advanced residential and business communications services that include its iO TV® digital television, Optimum Online® high-speed Internet, Optimum Voice® digital voice, Optimum WiFi® wireless Internet, and its Optimum Lightpath® integrated business communications solutions. Cablevision also serves the New York area with compelling local content through News 12 Networks, a local news leader; MSG Varsity, a suite of television and online services covering high school activities; and, Newsday Media Group, a business unit that includes Newsday, Long Island's leading daily newspaper. In addition, through Rainbow Media Holdings LLC, Cablevision operates successful programming and entertainment businesses, such as AMC, IFC, Sundance Channel, WE tv and IFC Entertainment. The company also owns and operates Clearview Cinemas, which includes Manhattan's famed Ziegfeld Theatre, a frequent and historic venue for film premieres and events. Additional information about Cablevision Systems Corporation is available on the Web at http://www.cablevision.com.
# # #