(PRWeb UK) June 19, 2010
Being a football fan this summer is not for the faint-hearted, especially with the vuvuzela out in force -- according to the South African Medical Journal the average sound exposure during the near two hours of a game reach 100.5 decibels and peak at an astonishing 144.2dB, which means there is due cause for concern for our poor ears. However to combat the drumming of the drums, Quintessentially, the world’s leading luxury lifestyle group and global concierge service, provide the ultimate guide on where and how ears should recover this August from the almighty vuvuzela.
THE BEST PRIVATE ISLANDS -- the only sound to be heard, the gentle lapping of the waves.
- North Island, Seychelles -- your private island is an exclusive luxury lodge in the tropical Seychelles waters. The un-spoilt haven provides the perfect setting to regenerate hearing and rediscover sound.
- The Rania Experience, The Indian Ocean -- "One island, one yacht and one million possibilities" is their mantra, a bespoke private residence tucked away in the middle of the Indian Ocean and completely hidden from the outside world, making it an ideal escapist retreat.
- Nikoi Island, Singapore -- The barefoot luxurious lodge, just a stone’s throw away from Singapore which offers eco-friendly luxury on a serene private island in Indonesia.
TOP QUIET MEMBERS CLUBS -- relax and unwind in the serene surroundings of these magical members-only clubs.
- Le Cercle Munster -- Luxembourg. With its river-side location and own library, various restaurants and wonderful bars, once inside its exclusive walls, members enjoy temporary exhibitions of paintings and sculptures and have access to a varied ‘Programme Culturel’.
- Quintessentially Soho at The House of St Barnabas -- this not-for-profit charitable members’ lounge aims to raise money for the House of St Barnabas charity and the Quintessentially Foundation. The house has its own chapel and secluded garden loved by Charles Dickens. The only sound to be heard -- the birds tweeting.
- Noppe, Stockholm -- a small intimate private members club / bar in the heart of Stockholm offering an exclusive yet homly atmosphere where you can enjoy drinks from the bar or an informal dinner.
THE BEST LIBRARIES -- soak up some history, relax with a book and allow your ears to heal through the sound of silence.
- New York Public Library, USA -- one of the most important libraries in the world, established in 1895, with over 20 million books this is the perfect place to remain ensconced, pick up a classic and let the healing begin.
- Edinburgh New College Library, Scotland -- Be transported back in time and allow your ears to rest beneath on 150 year old benches and velvet chairs. Turn the pages of Robbie Burns’ classic prose beneath the green tint of the bankers lights and melt away to another time where noise did not exist.
- The Library of Sorbonne, France -- dating back to the 1770, escape here to rid yourself of chants and horns and delve into the libraries specialities of medieval and philosophical literature
THE MOST SOOTHING ALBUMS -- Chill out and recover to these idyllic tunes.
- Simply Things, Zero 7 -- your ears will relish the soothing beats of this classic, timeless and brilliant album. Allow the gentle rhythms to enter the mind and massage those weary drums.
- Best of Café del Mar -- no relaxation time is complete without this album. Ibiza pool-side beats meet a tranquil oasis in the desert. Heal your hearing and enjoy listening to the music whilst sipping on a well-deserved sundowner.
- Classic Chillout Album 2010 -- The most successful album of all Chillout compilations and it does exactly what it says on the tin. Lay back and enjoy the ultimate Chillout.
Quintessentially is the world’s leading luxury lifestyle group and global concierge service. Available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, Quintessentially’s expert fixers are always on hand to aid and assist members, providing unlimited access to an unrivalled package of privileges, preferential rates and bespoke services, saving members both time and money. With 52 offices around the world, Quintessentially now also boasts an unrivalled portfolio of 22 expert sister businesses, covering all facets of the luxury lifestyle market. Available to both members and non-members, Quintessentially's sister businesses follow the company ethos in providing expert advice and insider access and benefits to everything from property, art, fashion and wine through to travel, security, event production and publishing. http://www.quintessentially.com
Quintessentially, the leading global private members’ club and luxury lifestyle group, has recently added another string to its bow with the launch of its latest division, Quintessentially Travel - a bespoke luxury tour operator that offers exclusive travel to the world’s discerning elite.
As a high-end service provider of luxury travel worldwide, Quintessentially Travel - a service available to both members and non-members - will advise on and help to create tailor-made itineraries (including everything from flights, transfers, hotels, restaurants, private tours and tickets) for some of the globes’ most glamorous and sought after destinations. http://www.quintessentiallytravel.com