Midland, MI (PRWEB) June 18, 2010
The American Association of Safety Councils (AASC) has endorsed four root cause analysis (RCA) training programs offered by Apollo Associated Services. These programs utilize the structured Apollo RCA problem-solving methodology, which is widely used by corporations world-wide to eliminate and prevent problems that impact safety performance, revenues and achievement of business goals.
These four, endorsed classes (covering RCA facilitation, leadership, participation and investigation) are already being offered by AASC members, including Evergreen Safety Council in Seattle, Washington; Great Lakes Safety Training Center in Midland, Michigan; Pacific Safety Council in San Diego; Safety Council of Louisiana Capital Area in Baton Rouge; and Suncoast Safety Council in Clearwater, Florida.
The two-day Practitioner course enables students to facilitate a team-based root cause analysis with the end goal of preventing problem recurrence.
As part of this, students learn how to:
- Avoid common problem-solving pitfalls and implement best practices.
- Define any event-based problem, develop a causal understanding of events, and identify effective solutions.
- Use RealityCharting software to build cause and effect charts, prepare RCA reports, and effectively communicate RCA findings.
- Support causes with evidence, interview stakeholders, and facilitate RCAs.
- Apply the method to real-world problems.
The one-day Super User course enables students to fulfill an RCA program leadership role acquiring advanced skills and knowledge. As part of this, students learn how to:
- Align the objectives of the Apollo RCA program with the business goals.
- Gain advanced RCA facilitation skills.
- Effectively design, roll out, develop and manage RCA programs.
- Assure program payback and develop measurable metrics.
- Understand and more effectively manage complex issues like human error and behaviors.
The one-day Participants course provides awareness-level training needed by those expected to participate in an incident investigation. Participants are often subject-matter experts who know the causes and may be expected to implement corrective actions.
The 1.5-day Investigator Essentials course teaches the critical skills required to lead an effective investigation; produce credible results; and protect the credibility and integrity of the investigation team, problem owner and impacted parties/individuals.
For more information about class offerings, visit:
- Evergreen Safety Council at http://www.esc.org
- Great Lakes Safety Training Center at http://www.great-lakes-safety.com
- Pacific Safety Council at http://www.pscsd.com
- Safety Council of the Louisiana Capital Area at http://www.safetylca.org
- Suncoast Safety Council at http://www.safety.org
The American Association of Safety Councils is an international nonprofit association of safety council professionals whose mission is the enhancement of safety and health. With twenty-two member training centers in North America and Canada, AASC pools information and resources to better address the safety and health issues facing businesses, communities and individuals. For more information, visit http://www.safetycouncils.org.
About Apollo Associated Services
For more than 20 years, Apollo Associated Services has led innovations in root cause analysis training, consulting, software and investigation solutions. Apollo helps organizations worldwide attain leading positions in a competitive global market by achieving measurable results, including: cost reduction, throughput gains, time savings, quality improvement, injury reduction, improved regulatory compliance and reduction/elimination of day-to-day problems. For more information, visit http://www.apollorca.com.