Medford, OR (PRWEB) June 18, 2010
Musician’s Friend has awarded funds, musical instruments, and equipment to eight organizations as part of its 2010 charitable giving program in support of music education. Recipients include school music programs, and competitions that have received digital pianos, guitars, marching band instruments, amplifiers, drums, and other percussion instruments. Musician’s Friend accepts proposals for its charitable giving program throughout the year, inviting organizations from Oregon, Missouri, Indiana and Utah (the states in which the company operates) to apply.
Awards were given to the following 2010 recipients:
- Medford School District – support for music program
- Talent Middle School – donated timpani set, crash cymbals, baritone saxophone, and drum mallets to band program
- Central Point School District – support for music program
- Cascade and Grace Christian Schools – donated a guitar, cajon, drum set, temple blocks, amplifier, and classroom percussion instruments to music program
- KRWQ – donated two pianos that will be awarded to the winning school choir in the Medford, Oregon choral competition
- Medford Jazz Festival – sponsored Vogel Plaza Performances to benefit Rogue Valley music programs
- St. Mary’s Middle School and High School – support for music program
- Little Kids Rock – donated 100 Pulse drum sets and also coordinated proceed donations from special Sabian cymbals, Remo drumheads, and a Pacific Drums snare.
Musician’s Friend aims to lessen the impact of budget cuts in music education through donations so that young people will continue to experience the rewards of playing music.
About Musician’s Friend:
Musician’s Friend, Inc. is the world’s largest direct marketer of musical instruments and has been headquartered in Medford, Oregon since its inception in 1983. With more than 85,000 unique products for sale, the company covers a wide range of musical needs, including guitars, basses, amplifiers, keyboards, live sound, recording equipment, drums, percussion, woodwind, brasswind, and orchestral stringed instruments, as well as related accessories that are marketed through its print catalogs and websites, including musiciansfriend.com.
The Musician’s Friend website also offers informative musicians’ resources, including in-depth buying guides, tech tips, hands-on gear reviews, articles from highly respected music industry professionals, interviews with well-known artists, and nearly one million customer-written product reviews and ratings.
With warehousing in Kansas City, Missouri and a call center in Salt Lake City, Utah, Musician’s Friend can be contacted at 800-776-5173 or by visiting http://www.musiciansfriend.com
Musician’s Friend is a wholly owned subsidiary of Guitar Center, the world’s leading retailer of musical equipment.
Questions regarding this press release should be directed to contact(at)musiciansfriend(dot)com.