“The team at ‘Designing Spaces’ takes great pride in bringing down-to-earth solutions to our viewers across a variety of topics, not simply home improvement." Lysa Liemer, Executive VP of Programming
Pompano Beach BEACH, Fla. (PRWEB) June 21, 2010
O2 Media’s cable television show Designing Spaces won 23 awards in the 31st Annual Telly Awards, which received over 13,000 entries from all 50 states and five continents. The show won a Silver Award, the top honor, for a segment on home technology innovations with Microsoft.
Designing Spaces is a half-hour weekend informative series that inspires viewers to make every space count, instructing them on the smartest ways to make their homes – and lives -- more beautiful and functional. From advice on large-scale renovations to small modifications, simple tips on making everyday tasks easier to decorating on a budget, this is the one show that provides viewers with all the comprehensive information they need, presented in a fun, easy-to-follow format.
Lysa Liemer, Executive VP of Programming and Chief Operating Officer of Designing Spaces, says, “The team at ‘Designing Spaces’ takes great pride in bringing down-to-earth solutions to our viewers across a variety of topics, not simply home improvement. Our awards in the categories of Information, Social Responsibility, Education, Students, Children and Travel and Tourism topics are a testament to our audiences’ thirst for bringing beauty and function into every aspect of their life and home.”
1. Designing Spaces: Smart Home, Connected Home, Great Innovations in Technology – Microsoft (Education) SILVER
2. Designing Spaces: True Jackson -- MTV (Children) BRONZE
3. Designing Spaces Green Spaces: “Green” Benefits of Nuclear Power -- Exelon (Social Responsibility) BRONZE
4. Designing Spaces: Smart Home, Connected Home, Great Innovations in Technology -- Microsoft (Information) BRONZE
5. Designing Spaces: The Ultimate Marvel Room Makeovers – Marvel Entertainment, Inc. – (Children) BRONZE
6. Designing Spaces Holiday Spaces: Sweet Relief for Cold & Flu – Insight Pharmaceuticals ( Health & Fitness) BRONZE
7. Designing Spaces Green Spaces: DIY Solutions for Creating a More Energy Efficient Home – Dow Chemical Company (Social Responsibility) BRONZE
8. Designing Spaces Campus Spaces: Financing College: Answers & Solutions – JP Morgan Chase Bank, N.A. (Student) BRONZE
9. Designing Spaces Kid Spaces – Teen Driving: The Contract Comes First – Allstate Insurance Co (IL) (Children) BRONZE
10. Designing Spaces Kid Spaces: Teaching Kids the Importance of Wise Financial Planning – The Fun Way – T. Rowe Price (Student) BRONZE
11. Designing Spaces: Providing Peace of Mind, Solutions for Safer Living – Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. (Information) BRONZE
12. Designing Spaces Green Spaces: The Stunning Green Way to Transform Your Kitchen Countertops – Cosentino North America (Social Responsibility) BRONZE
13. Designing Spaces Green Spaces: Home Fire Sprinkler System – Lubrizol Advanced Materials, Inc. (Social Responsibility) BRONZE
14. Designing Spaces Green Spaces: Emission Free Nuclear Technology Energy & the Environment – Entergy Corporation (Social Responsibility) BRONZE
15. Designing Spaces Kid Spaces: Delicious Ways to Help Your Kids Grow – Abbott Laboratories (Health & Fitness) BRONZE
16. Designing Spaces Kid Spaces: Roll Like the Pros: The Next Generation of Skaters – Heeling Sports LTD (Children) BRONZE
17. Designing Spaces: Next Generation Audio for Your Digital Lifestyle – DTS, Inc. (Information) BRONZE
18. Designing Spaces: Today’s Digital Lifestyles: Finding the Fun in Your Practical Gadgets – Real Networks, Inc. (Information) BRONZE
19. Designing Spaces Green Spaces: Design & Our Environment – The Beauty of Color – PPG Industries, Inc. (Information) BRONZE
20. Designing Spaces Kid Spaces: iCarly Every Girl’s Dream Makeover – MTV (Children) BRONZE
21. Designing Spaces Kid Spaces: Family Friendly Destinations: Vacations Your Kids Will Say Yes To – Orlando/Orange County Convention & Visitors Bureau, Inc. (Travel/Tourism) BRONZE
22. Designing Spaces Green Spaces: Creating Eco-Friendly Living Spaces – Atmospheric Water Systems, Inc. (Social Responsibility) BRONZE
23. Designing Spaces: Destination USA: A Taste of Our Nation – Dallas Convention & Visitors Bureau (Travel/Tourism) BRONZE
Designing Spaces will soon begin airing three days a week on the WE Network, due to viewer demand and a new, exclusive relationship. The show also aired on TLC during the period for which it won the 23 Tellys. For more information, please contact Limor Windt, Vice President of Marketing at O2 Media Inc., at 954.691.1102 or limor(at)o2mediainc(dot)com .
About The Telly Awards
The Telly Awards was founded in 1978 to honor the very best local, regional, and cable television commercials and programs, as well as the finest video and film productions, and work created for the Web. Non-broadcast video and TV program categories were soon added. Today, the Telly is one of the most sought-after awards by industry leaders, from large international firms to local production companies and ad agencies. With over 200 categories, more organizations than ever are eligible to participate.
Since 1978, our mission has been to strengthen the visual arts community by inspiring, promoting, and supporting creativity. The 30th Annual Telly Awards received over 13,000 entries from all 50 states and five continents.
About O2 Media
O2 Media Inc. was founded by early pioneers of the Branded Entertainment industry. Our principals have been performing Direct-to-Consumer, Direct Response marketing and creating Branded Entertainment since 1992. In addition to our expertise in DR, we are also the home of state-of-the-art full production facilities, with the full in-house staff to offer turnkey production services, online marketing and go-to-market advertising and branding strategies.
As the creators of the hour-long The Balancing Act show on Lifetime TV and Designing Spaces on WE, we bring Social Media to TV with the vision to Engage, Entertain and Educate the world through marketing and content creation. For a generation upon whom traditional advertising has minimal impact, and real conversations are paving the road for brands, we have created the future of branding 18 years ago…which puts us now that much ahead of the game. We like to provide REAL solutions -- to REAL people -- and give brands a human face, all in a positive manner and solution-oriented programming. Beyond that, we wrap everything we do on the broadcast side with the swarm of the digital world, and create a two-sided conversation and viral effect around everything we do.
# # #