"By incorporating breakthrough technology, we’ve been able to speed up performance and response time, so users can make the most of their NVIDIA CUDA -enabled PCs and laptops”, said Natalia Khudyakova, CEO of Movavi.
Moscow, Russia (PRWEB) June 23, 2010 —
Movavi, a leading developer of multimedia-processing software, today unveiled new versions of its flagship products Movavi Video Converter 10 and Movavi Video Suite 9.
Movavi has been working closely with NVIDIA® to bring Movavi users significant performance enhancements with up to 800% improvements* in speed of video encoding, depending on input and output formats and hardware used. The updated software also features support for the hyper-threading technology of Intel® Core™ i3, i5 and i7 processors, additional multimedia processing functionality and support for the latest mobile devices.
Movavi Video Converter 10 and Movavi Video Suite 9 now support over 180 popular mobile devices, including Apple® iPad™, Google Nexus One™, HTC Droid Eris, Microsoft Zune™ HD, LG Arena, Samsung Galaxy, Motorola Droid and more, as well as ready-made presets to convert video, audio and unencrypted DVDs to and from over 170 media formats. New processing functionality includes video capture from TV-tuners, VHS cassettes and AVCHD video capture, CD/DVD/Blu-ray disc™ burning, video editing tools and more.
“As users acquire more and more multimedia-enabled mobile devices, they need media processing tools that support all types of formats and devices but are still easy to use,” said Natalia Khudyakova, CEO of Movavi. “Movavi software delivers professional-quality tools that are easily usable by home users as well as businesses at a cost that’s accessible to all. By incorporating breakthrough technology, we’ve been able to speed up performance and response time, so users can make the most of their NVIDIA CUDA -enabled PCs and laptops”.
"GPUs excel at manipulating visual data for digital media computing," said Michael Steele, General Manager of Visual Consumer Solutions at NVIDIA. "It is exciting to see CUDA-based visual computing applications continue to appear from all corners of the globe, especially when they enable 9x performance increases over a CPU, which is what Movavi has achieved by moving the processing to NVIDIA GPUs."
Key benefits of Movavi Video Converter 10 include:
- Fast video conversion: Support for Multi-GPU NVIDIA® CUDA™ technology boosts the conversion speed up to 800% on PCs with two or more CUDA-enabled GPUs. When users select a CUDA-powered preset, the software will is able to convert two or more videos at one time.
- Optimization for multi-core processors: Movavi leverages the hyper-threading technology of Intel® Core™ i3, i5 and i7 processors, ensuring smooth and efficient decoding, previewing and simultaneous conversion of multiple media files, as well as parallel conversion of single H264 and MPEG-4 files. Conversion speed gain equates approximately to the number of processor cores. Movavi Video Converter 10 also supports AMD multi-core processors.
- New device presets: Movavi Video Converter 10 now supports more than 180 portable devices including Apple iPad, Google Nexus One, HTC Droid Eris, Microsoft Zune HD, LG Arena, Samsung Galaxy, Motorola Droid, and more.
- New format presets: Movavi Video Converter adds support for more input and output formats, including video with AC3 and FLAC sound and for posting to Vimeo and Yahoo! Video.
- Automatic selection of bitrate values: This function automatically ensures optimum balance between size and quality when converting videos to MPEG-4, MPEG 1-2, H.264, WMV, or FLV (with H.264 codec).
- Pause/resume conversion control: With the latest version users can pause conversion if they need additional CPU cycles for another task and then resume conversion at the point they left off.
- Intuitive graphic logos for presets: Users can instantly choose the right preset for a particular mobile device; the presets that leverage CUDA technology also include the CUDA logo.
- Integration with Windows Explorer: Videos can now be converted right from Windows Explorer by right-clicking on a media file and choosing "Movavi — Convert to" from the drop-down menu. The application keeps track of ten frequently used presets.
- Request feature option: Movavi software delivers the improvements users ask for, so the software now included a “Request Feature” option in the Help menu.
Movavi Video Converter 10 continues to offer improved functionality in the following core areas:
- Tweak video with editing tools, improve video quality
- Specify quality level, fine-tune output format settings
- Choose from extended post-conversion options — Hibernate or Shutdown
- Play back any video — including HD and DVD — and audio with the integrated standalone Media Player
Key benefits of Movavi Video Suite 9
In addition to the above-mentioned improvements in Movavi Video Converter 10, Video Suite 9 also offers:
- Enhanced video capture capabilities: Movavi Video Suite 9 now captures AVCHD video from cameras, TV-tuners and VHS cassettes. When a video recorder or a VHS capture device is connected to the user’s PC, it is automatically detected and added it to the list of video capture sources.
- Burning Blu-ray Discs: Movavi Video Suite 9 comes with video Blu-ray disc burning capabilities and offers nine artistic menu themes to choose from.
- Background conversion mode: Now users can undertake two tasks at one time – play back movies and convert video in the background. Message is displayed when the conversion is complete.
- Improved media playback: Fast, smooth HD video playback is now possible thanks to the Intel and NVIDIA CUDA technology support, along with usability improvements and advanced playback settings.
- New video editing effects: The new “chroma key” effect enables users to substitute the background with any picture; just shoot the video in front of a blue or green backdrop, as TV studios do. Horizontal and vertical mirrors can be used to create a mirror image of a video clip, or flip a clip upside down or reverse each frame in a clip from left to right; t clip will still play forward.
- Refined video editing: Movavi Video Suite 9 offers more precise positioning of the timeline marker, one-click show/hide tracks option, and quick splitting tools to split all the clips on the timeline in two parts. The newly-created tracks appear at the top of the timeline track bar and can be accessed quickly and easily. Users can also change the size of the timeline clip thumbnails to prevent eyestrain.
- HD video fast track: When adding HD video, Movavi Video Suite 9 generates a special smaller video file so that editing is faster and smoother because users are not working with the oversized original video file.
Movavi Video Converter 10 is available in English, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Japanese, Spanish, and Russian.
Movavi Video Suite 9 is available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, and Russian.
Free 30-day trials of the products may be downloaded from: http://www.movavi.com/suite/download.html and http://www.movavi.com/videoconverter/download.html
*The 800% performance gain is calculated as the video conversion speed acceleration on NVIDIA CUDA-enabled workstations (Intel Core 2 DUO E6550 2.33 GHz, 2GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 8600GT, OS: Microsoft Vista 32 bit) as opposed to the video conversion speed on the same workstation with NVIDIA CUDA GPU temporarily disabled .
About Movavi Video Converter:
Movavi Video Converter is used by over 5 million people globally to convert video and audio between 170 popular formats, rip video & DVDs, save media files for 180 mobile devices, play videos and burn them to DVDs.
Further information about Movavi Video Converter can be found at http://www.movavi.com/videoconverter/
About Movavi Video Suite:
Movavi Video Suite is used by over 3 million people in 95 countries to edit and convert audio and video files, rip them to CD/DVD/Blu-ray discs™, transfer media files to and from portable devices, create slideshows, split, capture, burn, play, copy, backup, playback media files and more. For more information about Movavi Video Suite please visit http://www.movavi.com/suite/
Movavi offers a comprehensive range of multimedia processing software focused on resolving compatibility issues between video and audio formats and devices. Additionally, Movavi offers video editing software, CD/DVD recording software, drag-and-drop media file management software, online video applications, and customizable video SDKs for professional use. Over 8 million people in 95 countries use Movavi products for their video and audio processing needs. Partners include Intel, NVIDIAand more. The company provides customer service and support in nine languages – English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish and Russian.
For more information about Movavi, please visit http://www.movavi.com
Movavi is a registered trademark.
Intel is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
NVIDIA and CUDA are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.