We’re raising money for three worthy charities, and that alone will give us the motivation needed...
(PRWEB) June 24, 2010
Representatives from two well known Yorkshire financial organisations have joined forces to raise money for their nominated charities and complete the rigorous national Three Peaks Challenge.
Staff teams from Yorkshire Bank and Engage Mutual will aim to climb Snowdon in Wales, Scafell Pike in Cumbria and Ben Nevis in Scotland, within a gruelling 24 hours from 8am on 23 June to 8am on 24 June.
Yorkshire Bank’s climbers will raise funds for its charity partner Help the Hospices, a national charity which supports over 200 hospices across the UK; and Engage Mutual has pledged its fundraising efforts to the Steve Prescott Foundation, which raises money for the Christie Cancer Hospital and Try Assist, the Rugby League Benevolent Fund.
Both teams have been training with a number of endurance walks, tackling some of the highest peaks in the Yorkshire Dales, in preparation for the challenge.
Yorkshire Bank’s Steve Fletcher, Head of Retail Banking England, stated:
“We’re raising money for three worthy charities, and that alone will give us the motivation needed to cover the 6,800m up and down the three peaks in 24 hours, as well as the best part of 500 miles by road.
“The challenge is sure to test us all to the maximum but with some great teamwork I’m sure that the Engage & Yorkshire Bank team will be able to complete the task.”
Engage Mutual’s Business Development Director, Steve Treasure, added:
“The decision to take on the Three Peaks Challenge in partnership with Yorkshire Bank extends our successful working partnership, which has been running for more than three years now.
“As a joint team, we are putting 100 per cent into the challenge and are hopeful that our efforts will raise much needed funds for our respective worthy charities.”
Eighteen months ago, Yorkshire Bank launched the successful Vision tax exempt savings plan in partnership with Engage Mutual. This built on an existing distribution partnership for the Engage Guaranteed over 50 Life Insurance.
For further information please contact:
Engage Mutual Assurance
Tel: 01423 855245
Media Relations Manager
Tel: 08456 035447
NOTES TO EDITORS
1. Engage Mutual Assurance is a trading name of Homeowners Friendly Society Ltd (HFSL), Registered and incorporated under the Friendly Societies Act 1992, Registered number 964F and its wholly-owned subsidiaries, engage Mutual Funds Limited (EMFL) and engage Mutual Insurance Ltd (EMIL). Both HFSL and EMFL are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA). HFSL’s Register number is 110072, EMFL’s Register number is 181487. EMIL is authorised to conduct general insurance business by the Financial Services Commission Gibraltar and is regulated by the Financial Services Authority for the conduct of UK business. EMIL’s FSA Register No is 485680. You can check this on the FSA’s Register by visiting the FSA website http://www.fsa.gov.uk or by contacting the FSA on 0845 606 1234.
2. Engage Mutual is one of the larger UK mutuals providing simple, value for money savings, protection and investment products. It currently helps over 438,000 customers of all ages to protect, preserve or enhance their welfare, with some of the most straightforward products on the market. Engage Mutual prides itself on being a family-oriented, modern mutual, providing products that help enable households of all kinds to plan their finances to help meet their future needs. More information on Engage Mutual is available at http://www.engagemutual.com
3. Engage Mutual supports mutuality through links with the Association of Financial Mutuals and Mutuo.
4. Engage Mutual Funds Limited (EMFL) is a provider of the Child Trust Fund direct and in partnership with organisations including Yorkshire Building Society.
5. Engage Mutual has been the title sponsor of the Rugby Super League since 2005 and has extended its agreement to 2010.
6. Engage Mutual announced its entry into the health cash plan market in July 2008 following an agreement of partnership with Wakefield & District Hospital’s Contributory Scheme (WDHCS). Further to this, 30,000 health cash plan customers transferred from Premier Health Benefits (part of WDHCS) to Engage Mutual Insurance Limited.
# # #