I have used so many Twitter applications over the years for both myself and my clients and there are some really good examples out there. However, in my experience the finest tools are fragmented and spread out all over the internet and they are often difficult to find even if you know what you are looking for.
(PRWeb UK) June 23, 2010
An exciting new twitter management application has been launched in beta, by a group of British entrepreneurs based in Yorkshire.
http://www.tweasier.com has been created, by Twitter fans for Twitter fans, to help its users get more from their day-to-day usage of the popular global social network. It offers it users a huge variety of useful features which are aimed at saving time and adding value to the whole Twitter experience.
Tweasier.com is an easy and convenient way to sort and manage several Twitter accounts. If a user is struggling to find interesting people to follow, or has followed too many people, Tweasier can help sort this out with a simple click of a mouse.
The new application is packed with helpful services, allowing Twitter users to do any of the following:
1. Run, save and clone Twitter searches based on location, keywords and personal biographies so conversations can be monitored.
2. Receive personalised email notifications informing the user about their activity within the Twittersphere
3. Visit Tweasier’s fully equipped analytics suite – providing more than 30 different up-to-date statistics on any Twitter account. Some of the graphs and data can also be exported for use in future presentations or reports.
4. Sort an account’s friends or followers by more than 20 different criteria such as: people that haven't tweeted in the last 30 days, people that didn’t follow the user back and also prune your friends to clear an account up if necessary.
5. Take a quick peek at Twitter conversations between two people to get both sides of the story.
6. Read messages, tweet, direct message and even shorten long URLs using Tweasier’s dedicated Twitter client.
7. Scheduled tweeting – users can write and save several tweets until later in the day
8. Users can use Tweasier’s own in-house ranking system which easily shows whether a user is worth following or not
The new Web2.0 tool is the brainchild of public relations blogger and social media specialist Chris Norton, who is also managing director of Norton Digital Limited he comments: “I have used so many Twitter applications over the years for both myself and my clients and there are some really good examples out there. However, in my experience the finest tools are fragmented and spread out all over the internet and they are often difficult to find even if you know what you are looking for.”
He continues: “We wanted to create a Twitter application that was easy to use and added some real value to the end user. Together the team and I have a clear plan for the business, this is just phase one, we have a whole host of feature ideas for phase two and these will all be coming out during the coming months. We will be testing all of our new features with our beta testers to ensure we give our customers exactly what they want.”
While the site will be free to access for most consumers, it will draw revenue from banner advertising and a paid for service for heavy/power users. It is anticipated the site will have 10,000 users in the first 12 months.
The Tweasier team is hoping to create a new online community where people share their thoughts, comments and ideas on all things twitter related. To make user feedback easier the product even has a dedicated feedback section inviting users to submit their comments on each of the various features.
To view a walkthrough video of the application click http://www.vimeo.com.
The team of twitter fans has also created a blog solely aimed at sharing their favourite twitter tips, tools and advice which is already proving to be extremely popular.
To request a beta invite visit tweasier.com.
About Norton Digital Limited
Norton Digital Limited is a world-class creator of applications for Twitter. The team is dedicated to creating tools which allow Twitter users to have more fun and be productive.
About Chris Norton
Chris Norton is an award winning specialist word of mouth marketing, social media and public relations consultant based in Harrogate. He has more than eleven years’ experience in the public relations industry having worked both in-house and in a number of consultancies. He is listed in the UK's top 15 PR bloggers and his blog posts on social media have appeared marketing titles such as PR Week and Revolution. You can check out his blog here: http://www.deaddinosaur.co.uk/blog.
For media enquiries:
If you would like to interview please contact Chris Norton, of Norton Digital Ltd on 01423 520697