“Adding Windows Workflow support greatly enhances the ability of JAMS to seamlessly integrate with other applications,” states Jay Sullivan of MVP.
Farmington, CT (PRWEB) June 24, 2010
MVP Systems Software, Inc., a leader in enterprise batch job scheduling and workload automation software, has released JAMS 5.0 with support for Windows Workflow Foundation, a new Microsoft-based technology for defining, executing, and managing workflows.
JAMS 5.0 hosts workflows and includes a number of activities that are specific to JAMS and batch job scheduling and workload automation. These activities include:
- SubmitJob – Submit a job and optionally wait for the completion
- WaitForFile – Wait for a file to arrive
- WaitForJob – Wait for a job to complete
- WaitForResource – Wait for a resource to be available
- Notify – Notify of an event (using standard JAMS notification techniques)
- TimeLimit – Set a limit for the completion of the enclosed activities
- FileTransfer – Transfer a file using FTP,FTPS or SFTP
JAMS also supports all the standard workflow activities so users have extremely flexible flow control. Users can also write their own activities or buy off the shelf activities that can then be dropped into workflows.
“Adding Windows Workflow support greatly enhances the ability of JAMS to seamlessly integrate with other applications,” states Jay Sullivan of MVP. “We have already received tremendous feedback from our user community on JAMS 5.0 and we look forward to making these capabilities available to everyone.”
To learn more about enterprise batch job scheduling and workload automation, visit http://www.JAMSScheduler.com.
# # #