Herndon, VA (PRWEB) June 23, 2010
Apptix (OSE: APP), the leading provider of hosted Microsoft Exchange email, Microsoft SharePoint, and business VoIP services for organizations worldwide, today announced that the company has appointed Aubrey Smoot as Vice President of Business Development. Mr. Smoot will focus on aggressively expanding Apptix’s business through strategic reseller and channel partnerships.
“With businesses of all sizes turning to hosted solutions as a smarter technology investment, we believe the channel to be a key growth opportunity,” said David Ehrhardt, President & CEO of Apptix. “We’re pleased to welcome a proven technology industry veteran like Aubrey to build upon our work in 2009 and take our partner efforts to a new level. His expertise and experience in fostering strategic relationships will be instrumental in enhancing our reach into the channel community.”
“Apptix’s wide-range of proven hosted services provides an infinite number of routes to market and success through the channel,” said Aubrey Smoot. “From the general market down to the unique needs of vertical segments, Apptix has the programs and packages for partners to quickly and cost effectively reach and serve more customers.”
Mr. Smoot has over 20 years of experience in senior business development roles with blue chip technology companies including KPMG, HP, and IBM/Rational Software. He most recently served as vice president of business development for Cernium. He holds a BS in Finance from the University of Delaware and a MSTM from American University’s School of Computer Science.
Apptix Partner Program
Apptix’s multi-tiered program provides partners enhanced revenue opportunities and competitive market advantages. Apptix offers a comprehensive communications and IT product portfolio backed by industry leading support. An advanced platform provides unified provisioning, management, and billing from a single, easy-to-use control panel.
Apptix features three partnership opportunities including:
- The Referral Program provides agent commissions on any Apptix purchases made by referral clients
- For Resellers, Apptix offers a robust set of tools enabling partners to more easily deploy, manage, and bill for the extensive portfolio of products and services, including:
- Apptix managed retail billing for resellers that don’t have this capability
- Wholesale pricing and billing for resellers that consolidate broader offerings
- White-label programs such as end customer control panel to Apptix provided customer support
- Private Label Partners can extend service offerings with customized, hosted solutions from Apptix, sold under their own brand
Enterprise-class Apptix hosted services available for partners and resellers to offer to customers include:
- Microsoft Exchange email and related functionality such as anti-virus/anti-spam and archiving and compliance
- Mobile email for a wide variety of devices, such as BlackBerry and iPhone
- Web conferencing & secure Instant Messaging (IM) with Presence via Microsoft Office Communications Server (OCS)
- Microsoft SharePoint collaboration services
- Domain name registration & DNS hosting
- Web hosting
- Virtual Private Servers (VPS)
Apptix provides fully U.S.-based, 24/7, live customer support with a 100% service level agreement (SLA). For more information about the Apptix Partner Program, visit http://www.apptix.com/partners.
Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Apptix (OSE: APP) is the leading provider of business-class hosted email, voice, and collaboration services for over 200,000 users worldwide. A pioneer in the hosted services space, Apptix and its MailStreet subsidiary offer a variety of communications and IT services including: Microsoft Exchange plus Outlook Voice Access; VoIP; Microsoft SharePoint; Web conferencing and secure Instant Message and Presence via Microsoft Office Communications Server; Online Backup by EMC's Mozy; mobile email (including BlackBerry, Palm, Android, Windows Mobile, and iPhone); compliant archiving; and a Web presence solution that includes domain registration, DNS hosting, and Website hosting. Apptix is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner for Hosting, Mobile, Portals & Collaboration, Server Platform, Systems Management, and Midmarket Solutions. Apptix is recognized as one of the 2010 VAR 500, CRN 2009 & 2008 Fast Growth 100, Deloitte's 2009 & 2008 North American Technology Fast 500, Software Magazine's 2009 & 2008 Software 500, Washington Business Journal 2009 & 2008 Fastest Growing Companies, as a finalist in the Customer Service and Product Departments categories for the 2009 and 2010 American Business Awards (Stevie Awards), and as a 2009 Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference Awards finalist in the Unified Communications Solutions category. For more information, visit http://www.apptix.com or follow at http://www.twitter.com/apptix.