Washington, DC (PRWEB) June 23, 2010
Next Tuesday, June 29, at 2 p.m. ET, CIO Magazine Contributing Editor and BizTechReports.Com Editorial Director, Lane Cooper will host a webcast on the changing role of technology in the upper end of the middle market ($750 million to $3.5 billion). Executives in this segment of the market have witnessed dramatic growth in the volume and complexity of their technology infrastructure investments over the past decade. In that time data that must be managed has exploded, as the role of information has become an intrinsic part of many organizations' central value proposition.
The question that begs to be asked is:
- How effectively are mid-market IT resources being managed compared to Fortune 500 organizations on one end the spectrum, and up and coming Inc. 500 on the other?
This highly interactive executive conversation will explore:
- Common mistakes that take mid-market companies off target;
- How IT service providers often fail the mid-market; and
- What mid-market executives can do to turn IT into an offensive weapon.
Participants in the panel discussion will be:
- Kevin Dunn, Vice President, Network Operations, First Command Financial Planning, where he is responsible for defining and solving business problems through the application of state-of-the-art information technology. With over 20 years of experience in information systems, Mr. Dunn leads a team of dedicated professionals responsible for the daily operations of First Command's information technology infrastructure.
- Mike Keogh, Vice President, CompuCom, where he is responsible for managing the delivery of on-site and remote IT services to clients in a variety of industry segments. With over 15 years of experience in service design, service operations, and relationship management, Mr. Keogh focuses on how mid-market organizations can improve technology operations to maximize the business value of IT.
- Lane Cooper, Contributing Editor to CIO Magazine and Editorial Director of BizTechReports.Com will moderate the webcast. An industry journalist who has covered the impact of technology on business operations for the past 20 years, Mr. Cooper will take your questions and present them to our panelists to foster an insightful dialog on the practical steps mid market executives can take to get the most of their technology investments.
To register for the discussion, (or for the on-demand version of the discussion after Tuesday) visit:
About First Command
First Command Financial Services and its subsidiaries, including First Command Bank and First Command Financial Planning, assist American families in their efforts to build wealth, reduce debt and pursue their lifetime financial goals and dreams--focusing on consumer behavior as the first and most powerful determinant of results. Through personalized financial plans that emphasize accumulating wealth while reducing risk, First Command Financial Advisors have established lasting relationships with hundreds of thousands of client families since 1958. For more information visit: http://www.firstcommand.com.
With more than 20 years of IT experience, CompuCom's outsourcing services include: infrastructure management, application development, architecture and governance services, and procurement, deployment, and maintenance of hardware and software. From the desktop to the data center, CompuCom's IIM™ solution reduces costs, increases productivity and helps clients gain maximum value from information. To learn more, visit: http://www.CompuCom.com.
BizTechReports.Com is an independent reporting agency with offices in Washington, DC and the San Francisco Bay Area that analyzes user trends in business technology. BizTechReports.Com explores the role that technology products and services play in the overall economy and/or in specific vertical industries. Our Business Technology Reports are often based on Independent Field Surveys which provide a foundation for performing gap analyses that highlight the capabilities of current technology investments and contrast them against emerging requirements in the market. For more information, visit: http://www.biztecheports.com