(PRWeb UK) June 27, 2010
The super rich are getting richer with a reported rise of 18.9% this year alone. With this in mind Quintessentially, the world’s leading luxury lifestyle group and global concierge service, has created a list of the top ten happiest countries, according to their most extravagant concierge request. Money may not be able to buy you love but it can wash over the wave of austerity about to hit the globe.
10. GERMANY INTERESTING FACT: Consumption of champagne in 2009/2010 has been 27 million bottles, up 5% on previous years. Watching those savings accounts too with a massive increase in savings account openings and deposits. Lets hope the Greeks don’t find out!
Most extravagant request – A member requested he be flown down to South Africa with twelve friends on a private jet, specifically - the Challenger 600 through Quintessentially Avaiation. He also wants a constant supply of cold German beer during the England Germany match on Sunday - £350,000
9. ANGOLA INTERESTING FACT: Fastest growing economy in the world, annual GDP growth rate of 16.4%
Most extravagant request – A member requested Quintessentially Travel to organise a private safari for 30 of his friends. All meals were to be cooked by a celebrity chef, the accommodation was to be five star safari chique and on the last night he requested that Andrea Bocelli be flown out to serenade them all - £650,000
8. USA INTERESTING FACT: Only 22% of the population own a passport a clear sign of happiness in their own country, why move?
Most extravagant request – A member was prepared to hire all three Jonas brothers to take his 16 year old daughter to prom when she failed to be asked by anyone else. - $2 million
7. NORWAY INTERESTING FACT: Altruism. Norway runs 10% of the world's biggest charities and spends a large amount of tax-payers' money on running peace missions.
Most extravagant request – A member had Quintessentially organise a North Pole expedition for him and three friends. When they reached the North Pole, they were greeted with their favourite meal, traditional Norwegian meat cakes - £550,000.
6. SWEDEN INTERESTING FACT: The Swedish company Electrolux holds 28% share of the household appliances market in the world. It owns over 40 brands – that is world dominance and equates to a lot of money.
Most extravagant request – A member requested to rent out Skeppsholmen for a private party of 1000 people, for 24 hours. The theme was to be The Matrix, with Keanu Reeves making a guest appearance. £2.5 million
5. IRELAND INTERESTING FACT: National spend on Guinness in 2009/10 was £245 million. The Irish are drowning their sorrows.
Most Extravagant Concierge request –A member requested a rollercoaster be built in his garden as a surprise for his twin sons on their 13th birthday. Total Cost: £2.5 million
4. UAE INTERESTING FACT: They have the world’s fifth largest oil reserve, the tallest building in the world and the largest private yacht.
Most extravagant concierge request – A member requested that the artist from Madame Tussauds create an entire wax work replica of his whole family. There are 50 members - £600,000
3. UK INTERESTING FACT: National spend on luxury goods (watches, lipstick) up 14%
Most extravagant request – A member requested the hire of an entire Scottish castle with a full cast to emulate Henry VIII’ s court for an entire weekend. There were court jesters, buxom maidens and a full blown ceremony to behead Anne Boleyn. £1 million
2. LUXEMBOURG INTERESTING FACT: Wealthiest country in the world and one of the smallest.
Most extravagant request – A member hired out a suite in a top five star hotel and requested that Quintessentially fill it, almost entirely, with M&Ms. An engagement ring was hidden in a box somewhere in the room. She found the ring, and she happily said yes and they were married a this year- £500,000
1. BRAZIL INTERESTING FACT: Annual spend on plastic surgery up 25% from 2009/10, in turn, men’s happiness has gone up 25%. And because their Brazilian!
Most extravagant request – A member requested to rent out the entire Copacabana Palace for his daughters 16th. Every party goer was to receive, at the end of the night, a room of their own and a Jaguar XK - £3 million