Tel Aviv, Israel and Wadgassen Germany (PRWEB) June 29, 2010
Nogacom, a leading provider of information management and governance solutions and services for unstructured data, today announced the release of version 3.0 of its award winning NogaLogic information management and governance software solution. The newly architected NogaLogic 3.0 now provides a powerful yet very simple and cost effective way to manage, move, share and protect unstructured business data throughout its lifecycle, regardless of where data is located across the enterprise, how files are named or how they are accessed in their native applications.
NogaLogic is powered by Nogacom’s innovative data classification platform which automatically identifies and classifies unstructured data based on its business meaning and value to the organization. Unlike other classification technologies, NogaLogic does not require manual tagging, changes to business practices or significant investment in infrastructure or resources.
Most organizations have terabytes of unstructured data – including multiple copies and versions of the same documents - scattered across many different and distributed repositories. Managing and protecting this information has become near impossible. Users struggle to locate and identify the business information they need, while sensitive documents are often exposed to unauthorized people or distributed, leaked or even stolen through public file shares, email and other means of distribution. Moreover documents often aren’t stored in the right place, and access permission policies can’t always be accurately or consistently applied. These failures directly translate into lost revenue, lost customers, lost productivity, lost business opportunities, and failure to comply with regulatory mandates.
Key features of NogaLogic 3.0 that address these business challenges include:
- Centralized Information Management: Automatically correlates all relevant content based on its business value - from any data repository - into a single interface, giving users a 360 degree view of the all the information needed to effectively manage and govern their businesses.
- Version Identification: Automatically finds all the copies and versions of any document irrespective of its actual format, file name or document location, and highlights the differences between versions. NogaLogic can also automatically move, copy or delete versions and/or copies of selected documents, either as a onetime event or on an ongoing basis.
- Distribution Tracking: Tracks the email distribution of all documents to identify unauthorized distribution or leaks.
- Full Audit History and Permissions Analysis: Provides a detailed audit history on all documents, and identifies user permissions and access rights to documents.
- Centralized Policy Management: Delivers centralized policy management which enables users to move or copy files from/to pre-defined locations, as well as change access rights, based on the data’s classification.
- Comprehensive Reports and Analysis: Provides detailed reports which deliver deep analysis into storage, ownership and access rights, distribution analysis and data retention.
- Collaboration: Provides collaboration features that enable users to easily share and reuse information.
- Quick, easy and automatic installation.
Companies already benefiting from NogaLogic 3.0 include financial institutions, retail, transportation, telecommunications and technology companies.
“Effective information management requires companies to understand where and how their unstructured data is used, moved, shared and stored, and then to protect this data throughout its lifecycle,” said Thomas Quednau, Nogacom’s CEO. “NogaLogic brings unparalleled visibility to the most critical business asset of any organization - and the most misunderstood – its unstructured data. Using NogaLogic companies can now implement an effective information management process. This ultimately will allow them to maximize the value of their key business information, minimize risk, identify and address ineffective business processes, and ensure that their key business information is effective, secure, compliant, accessible and integrated into critical business processes.”
“Companies today are really struggling to manage the vast quantities of unstructured data they have across their organizations, and in reality they just aren’t able to use and protect this data effectively. This is both wasteful and can be harmful to their businesses,” said Prof. Dr. Dr. Gerd Rossa, Managing Director & Business Development at the Institute for System Management (iSM) in Germany. “NogaLogic provides the answer to this critical business problem – all in one powerful and cost-effective product that’s quick to deploy and easy to use. Moreover, NogaLogic gives enterprises the ability to manage their unstructured data effectively throughout its lifecycle, based on its specific business value to their own organizations, which is the key to a successful, long-term information management process.”
NogaLogic, with its business context data classification platform, supports a wide range of information management and governance business use cases such as Data Leak Prevention (DLP), PCI DSS compliance, spreadsheet control, data migration and storage management, Enterprise Content Management (ECM), Electronic Records Management (ERM), eDiscovery, and business continuity. It is also ideal for assessing the state and security risks of unstructured data across the organization.
NogaLogic is available immediately for both SMB and Enterprise organizations and supports a wide array of data repositories for unstructured data.
Nogacom is a leading provider of information management and governance software solutions and services, based on its revolutionary data classification platform for unstructured data. Nogacom’s NogaLogic information management product won Initiative Mittelstands’s 2010 Innovation IT Award in the “Content Management” category at Cebit, Hannover, Germany, the world’s largest IT exhibition. Nogacom is a privately owned company with R&D headquarters in Tel Aviv, Israel and offices in Wadgassen, Cologne and Hamburg in Germany, and Zurich and Locarno in Switzerland. The company is also supported through a network of resellers across Europe. Please visit http://www.nogacom.com for more information.
# # #