Saint Louis, MO (PRWEB) June 29, 2010
- Appistry, the enterprise cloud platform leader, today announced strategic alliances with leading Hadoop ecosystem vendors Concurrent, Datameer and Kitenga.
- Each of these vendors’ products has been validated against Appistry CloudIQ Storage Hadoop Edition, which offers plug-and-play compatibility with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), and each will work with Appistry to support joint customers using CloudIQ Storage in place of HDFS.
- Without any changes to their applications, users of the Concurrent, Datameer and Kitenga products can choose Appistry CloudIQ Storage as a more robust file system for their enterprise-grade Hadoop deployments. CloudIQ Storage is fully decentralized and offers higher availability and greater reliability than HDFS, whose “NameNode” is a single point of failure and network bottleneck.
- A rich ecosystem of vendors has emerged with tools to support enterprise adoption and use of Apache Hadoop. These vendors each add unique value by simplifying the development of analytical applications on Hadoop and hiding the complexity of the underlying MapReduce framework.
- While these new tools simplify Hadoop’s “front end,” the reliability of the HDFS “back end” and the single point of failure in its NameNode, remains a barrier for enterprises seeking to deploy Hadoop for mission-critical applications.
- “Big Data” is playing a more strategic role in helping enterprises understand and serve their customers. As a result, a broader set of users now require a more reliable and robust file storage system that is both easy-to-use and works with their existing Hadoop applications.
- Concurrent: Concurrent develops software to help enterprises realize the full benefits of parallel computing clusters. Concurrent has released the Cascading open-source project, a layer over MapReduce that allows developers to rapidly create complex data processing and computing applications through a straightforward Java API. Cascading provides simpler abstractions to define applications and glue them together, as well as interfaces to work with external systems.
- Datameer: Datameer offers the a big data analytics solution built on Hadoop that helps business users access, analyze and use massive amounts of data. Founded by Hadoop veterans in 2009, the company’s breakthrough product, Datameer Analytics Solution (DAS), provides unparalleled access to data with minimal IT resources. DAS scales to 4,000 servers and petabytes of data and is available for all major Hadoop distributions including Apache, Cloudera, Yahoo!, IBM, and Amazon.
- Kitenga: Kitenga provides an innovative multi-media content mining solution for non-programming professionals, designed to reduce or eliminate the complexity, risk and cost typically associated with implementing massively scaled-out multimedia content mining solutions. Kitenga’s ZettaVox application combines ready-to-run content processing elements with a full-fledged content mining/analytics solution that distributes processing over cloud and cluster-based computing assets by leveraging the open-source Hadoop framework. The entire process can be monitored, batched, and the results analyzed using sophisticated visualization and analytics tools.
- “Hadoop is an ecosystem, not a company, and Appistry CloudIQ Storage makes that ecosystem more powerful,” said Kevin Haar, CEO, Appistry. “By providing an enterprise-grade storage solution for Hadoop with plug-and-play compatibility with existing tools and applications, Appistry is helping to expand the reach of Hadoop in the enterprise by addressing the HDFS pain-points of reliability and robustness.”
- “CloudIQ Storage offers an important option for customers that count on Hadoop, and we're excited to see Cascading perform quite well on this alternative storage platform,” said Chris Wensel, Founder and CTO, Concurrent. “Our testing showed full compatibility with Cascading and Hadoop MapReduce, making adoption quick and easy for users.”
- "The powerful combination of Datameer's big data analytics and Appistry's cloud application platform provides the Hadoop user community with an easy-to-use solution that supports even the most rigorous mission-critical application requirements,” said Ajay Anand, CEO, Datameer. “Our partnership will open up more opportunities for new and existing customers to use Hadoop to tackle their big data challenges."
- “Kitenga is pleased to announce support for Appistry's CloudIQ platform. CloudIQ makes it easy to scale-out and manage Hadoop instances. Moreover, Appistry has developed a product called CloudIQ Storage Hadoop Edition that provides a high-availability distributed file system replacement for Hadoop's native system and eliminates the weaknesses of the standard Hadoop file system,” said Mark Davis, CTO, Kitenga. “The combination of CloudIQ and ZettaVox means that organizations can create enterprise-grade content mining solutions that are managed using a robust cloud management platform.”
§ Appistry CloudIQ Storage, Hadoop Edition is available for free download through Appistry’s Peer2Peer community:
§ Appistry Web Site: http://www.appistry.com
§ CloudIQ Storage Product Page: http://www.appistry.com/products/cloud-iq-storage
§ CloudIQ Storage Hadoop Edition Page: http://www.appistry.com/products/cloud-iq-storage/hadoop-edition
Cloud computing promises a new level of enterprise competitiveness, and Appistry CloudIQ Platform makes that vision a reality. Appistry CloudIQ Platform enables a new generation of highly scalable, extremely reliable, data-centric applications to be delivered at a fraction of the time, cost and complexity of traditional approaches. Reinventing the enterprise application platform for private, public and hybrid clouds, Appistry is delivering next-generation platform-as-a-service, today. With the most comprehensive platform and the most successful customers, Appistry is the leading provider of enterprise cloud platform software and services. Appistry customers include global leaders like FedEx, State Street Bank, and Northrop Grumman, and multiple U.S. Government agencies. For more information about Appistry, please visit http://www.appistry.com.
Appistry, CloudIQ, and the Appistry logo are trademarks of Appistry, Inc. All other registered and unregistered trademarks are the sole property of their respective owners.