“LinkShare Symposiums bring the network to life, and are a great way for us to introduce new technology, new partners and best practices so attendees can grow their businesses more efficiently,” said LinkShare CEO Yasuhisa Iida.
New York, NY (PRWEB) June 30, 2010
Demonstrating the ongoing strength of performance marketing, LinkShare, a leading affiliate marketing network provider, today announced record attendance at its annual LinkShare Symposium East 2010 event that was held on Tuesday, June 22 in New York City. More than 600 retail professionals gathered to learn about the growth of ecommerce, as well as to honor and network with some of the most successful members of the LinkShare Affiliate Network. The day provided a venue to meet and strategize with new and existing partners about ways to expand their businesses online.
“The record attendance set at this year’s LinkShare Symposium East and the strong sales growth of the LinkShare Affiliate Network is a testament to the role performance marketing is playing in ecommerce today,” said Yasuhisa "Yaz" Iida, CEO of LinkShare. “We want to continue to fuel the economic growth of our members with tools and technology that are ‘easy, fast and open.’ LinkShare Symposiums bring the network to life, and are a great way for us to introduce new technology, new partners and best practices so attendees can grow their businesses more efficiently.”
LinkShare Symposium East 2010 Highlights:
- Yasuhisa "Yaz" Iida, CEO of LinkShare and other senior executives addressed the growth of LinkShare’s parent company Rakuten and its global strategy, the future direction of LinkShare, and how the company will help its clients take advantage of borderless commerce.
- A keynote presentation by Forrester Research Vice President Sucharita Mulpuru on “The Six Reasons Why eCommerce Keeps Growing” educated attendees about how and why 72 percent of retailers say online will outperform offline in any economic conditions, the power of social networks, and the impact of the mobile commerce revolution.
- Members of the LinkShare Affiliate Network discussed the importance of data feeds, global strategies and mobile commerce to equip attendees with best practices and success factors to grow their affiliate network programs.
- Leading publishers and advertisers were honored at the seventh annual Golden Link Awards ceremony. The event emceed by members of the highly entertaining Upright Citizens Brigade, recognized the companies and individuals who provide the leadership, inventiveness and talent that deliver consistently strong results within the LinkShare Affiliate Network.
Calling out the strength, quality and energy of his LinkShare account managers, Gus Brito of the online computer and electronics store TigerDirect, praised LinkShare for helping drive the company’s affiliate program success.
“The development, growth and success of the TigerDirect affiliate network program would not have been possible without our LinkShare teams,” said Gus Brito, Affiliate Marketing Manager, TigerDirect, upon accepting his Golden Link Award in the newly created category Affiliate Manager of the Year.
LinkShare 2010 Golden Link Award Winners:
- Best New Advertiser: The Limited
- Best New Publisher: Deals.Woot
- Innovative Advertiser of the Year: Macy’s
- Innovative Publisher of the Year: Clicks2Customers& RingRevenue
- Affiliate Manager of the Year: Gus Brito of TigerDirect
- OPM/Agency of the Year: The JAR Group
- Technology Genius Award: Skimlinks
- International Advertiser of the Year: ASOS
- Performance Marketing's Most Vocal Advocate: Steve Schaffer of Offers.com
- Advertiser’s Choice: Savings.com
- Publisher's Choice: CheapOair
Adding to the continued success of the LinkShare Symposium events, LinkShare wishes to thank its many 2010 sponsors and participating merchants, including 1-800-Flowers.com, AT&T, AVON, Crocs, David’s Cookies, Deals.com, Dell Canada, drugstore.com, inc., FusePump, LEGO, Magazines.com, Microsoft Store, Permuto, Savings.com, ShopEcko.com, SwissOutpost.com, The Popcorn Factory, and WalMart.
For a complete list LinkShare Symposium East 2010 sponsors and participating merchants, check out: http://www.linkshare.com/symposium
- Check out our LinkShare blog: http://www.blog.linkshare.com
- Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/LinkShareBlog
About LinkShare Corporation
LinkShare Corporation provides ecommerce businesses with a vast, high quality online marketing network, along with expert consultative services and patented technology. LinkShare's cost-efficient performance-based affiliate, PPC search and lead generation campaigns acquire new customers, increase revenue and drive results. LinkShare clients are Fortune 500 and prominent companies doing business online, including J.C. Penney, 1-800-Flowers.com, American Express and Avon Products. LinkShare was founded in 1996 and is headquartered in New York City, with offices in San Francisco, Chicago, London and Tokyo. For more information, please visit: http://www.linkshare.com.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Rakuten is one of the world's largest and most comprehensive Internet service companies, providing leading services in e-commerce, portal & media, travel, financial services, and professional sports. Rakuten focuses on new business development and increasing its scope in order to improve and diversify service offerings. Rakuten is a publicly traded company in Japan (JASDAQ: 4755).