Washington, DC (PRWEB) July 1, 2010
A new report released today by Homeland Security Research Corporation (HSRC) on the US Homeland Security-Homeland Defense (HLS-HLD) market, sheds new light on many HLS-HLD market misconceptions.
- While the DHS has a key role in homeland security, it does not dominate the HLS-HLD market. The combined FY 2009 state and local markets, which employ more than 2.2 million first responders, totaled $15.8 billion, whereas the DHS HLS market totaled $13.1 billion.
- The aviation security sector enjoys much greater importance in the public image than in actual dollars and cents. While certainly important, it represents only 4.7% of the market, is much smaller than other industry sectors (i.e., information technology, which represents 23% of the market) and is forecast to remain relatively flat from 2012 onward.
- After declining from $11.5 billion in 2009 to $8.5 billion in 2010, the private sector HLS market is forecast to rebound to $11.1 billion by 2014.
- The US HLS-HLD market (which includes federal, state and local governments, the intelligence community counter-terror and the private sector markets) is larger and is growing faster than many realize. HSRC forecasts it to grow from $69 billion in 2010 to $85 billion by 2014. The HLS sector's $50.9 billion dominated the 2009 market, followed by the HLD sector's $13.9 billion and the intelligence community counter-terror's $6.2 billion (est.).
- In the market that is forecast to grow at an average rate of 5.1%, the fastest growing sub-markets, enjoying double-digit CAGR, are forecasted to be RFID and biometric based HLS systems, standoff explosives detection systems and HLS-HLD related cyber-security.
The US Homeland Security & Homeland Defense (HLS-HLD) Markets - 2010-2014 report is the result of more than a year of exhaustive research and analysis of thousands of federal, state, local and industry documentation, as well as hundreds of interviews with federal, state and HLS industry decision-makers.
The report's granular analysis offers funding and market forecasts for more than 460 sub-markets.
With more than 890 pages, 425 tables, 470 figures, including state-specific contact information, this report provides essential market intelligence on approximately 40% of the global HLS-HLD market.
For more Homeland Security Market Research reports, please visit: http://www.homelandsecurityresearch.com
About Homeland Security Research Corporation
Homeland Security Research Corp. (HSRC) is a Washington, DC-based international market research and strategic consulting firm serving the homeland security community. HSRC provides premium market, technology and industry expertise that enables our global clients to gain critical insight into the business opportunities that exist within the homeland security and homeland defense market. Government clients include the US Congress GAO, DHS, US Army, US Navy, EU, UK Ministry of Defense, Australian DOD, Canada National Research Council, European Commission, Government of Finland, and NATO, among others. HSRC serves over 450 private sector clients including many Fortune 500 companies.
# # #