Inman News is known for supporting entrepreneurs and giving new companies a platform to launch in front of the most important crowd in real estate.
Alameda, CA (PRWEB) July 1, 2010
Inman News' (http://www.inman.com ) annual San Francisco real estate technology conference, Real Estate Connect, held at the Hilton San Francisco Union Square on July 13-15, 2010, will feature a number of innovative and cutting-edge companies, start-ups, sponsors and speakers focused on the future of technology in real estate.
Real Estate Connect San Francisco will feature two high-profile contests showcasing the best of online real estate innovation. The first contest is the Connect Developer Challenge. This will be the ultimate real estate technology 48-hour hack-a-thon. By the end of Connect SF, a brand new set of web applications will be unveiled. The Connect Developer Challenge brings innovation to Connect in real time, on the big stage, in a way that highlights the companies and people pushing the online real estate envelope. The app that receives the most votes from the audience will win thousands of dollars in advertising space on Inman.com and free passes to Connect 2011.
The second contest is the New Kids on the Block Challenge. Inman News is known for supporting entrepreneurs and giving new companies a platform to launch in front of the most important crowd in real estate. Six young companies (special preference is given to start-ups that launch at Connect) give their pitch in front of real estate leaders who, with the audience, choose a winning company.
Also featured at Real Estate Connect are 21 start-up companies who will be exhibiting in Start-Up Alley. These promising young companies are offering intriguing technologies in the areas of mobile devices, technology, web 2.0, social media and much more.
A complete list of Start-Up Alley participants can be found on the Real Estate Connect site. Out of the 21, these 4 companies were recently added to the list:
Gist | Gist helps you build stronger professional relationships by bringing together information from across the web for all your contacts and their companies giving you the right information at the right moment to get a meeting, deliver an amazing pitch, or just find a better way to make a connection.
Qonnect.mobi | Are you looking to take your listings mobile and enter the fastest growing marketing channel today? Qonnect can take you there with a cutting edge mobile distribution platform that breathes new life into your marketing. By placing a Qonnect QR code on all of your printed collateral you can position yourself as a leader in the mobile space. Qonnect is a turn key, cost effective solution to mobilize your product and your message. Earn more listings and wow your clients with the power of Qonnect.
Rofo | Rofo is a free real estate search engine that specializes in helping businesses and entrepreneurs connect with commercial real estate professionals and available listings. Rofo provides a turnkey marketing solution for agents and brokers through traditional search, social media, mobile apps, and listing distribution tools and services.
Spatial Match | SpatialMatch™ is a geo-spatial search platform specifically designed to dramatically enhance any existing agent or broker website. Seamlessly embedded into the host website, it allows real estate consumers to conduct hyperlocal real-time searches on more than 100 relevant databases (i.e. schools, lifestyle, housing, neighborhood, community and more).
In addition, attendees at Real Estate Connect can expect to hear from the leading experts in real estate and technology.
- Gary Flake from Microsoft Corporation. The man Microsoft has charged with inventing the online future share what he and his team are working on now. In his keynote address, 'Exploring the Boundaries of Innovation', Gary will be conducting a live demonstration of 3 new technologies.
- Jane Wells, UX Lead, WordPress & Automattic. Her keynote address will focus on the 'Future of Wordpress' - one of the hottest new blogging and web platform for real estate agents.
- Robert Scoble, TechEnthusiast, VideoPodcast, Evangelist, Scoble on Tech, Fast Company and RackSpace. His keynote presentation will be: 'Mobile, Local, Social, Real-Time: The Apps, Ideas and Devices You Need to Understand Now to Thrive in the Digital World.'
- ConnectTech Workshop. This four hour workshop on the first day of Connect will includes sprints - 15 minute lightning fast presentations covering mobile, geo-location and augmented realty
- Michael Zimbalist, Vice President, Research & Development Operations, The New York Times. The head of research and development for the Times shares the gadgets, apps and ideas that will shape the future.
- Real Estate Search Tear Down. Four of the brightest minds in online real estate search shed the politics, roll up their sleeves and work with a designer to create a new search interface at Connect SF.
View the complete conference program on the Real Estate Connect website.
For additional information please contact Katie Lance, Marketing Manager, Inman News at (510) 658-9252 ext. 147 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About Inman News | Inman News (http://www.inman.com) is the leading source of independent real estate news, information, advice, research, technology, opinion and commentary for industry professionals and consumers alike. Inman's unbiased and hard-hitting stories are known throughout the real estate industry. Agents and brokers globally trust Inman News as their first source of accurate, innovative and timely daily news.
For over 14 years, Inman News has been hosting Real Estate Connect. Real Estate Connect San Francisco, a semi-annual real estate conference for real estate agents, top brokers, mortgage professionals, technology company CEOs, directors and managers, entrepreneurs, press, analysts and investors from throughout the U.S. and around the globe, will be held this year on July 13 - 15, 2010, at a brand new location, the Hilton San Francisco Union Square.
For additional information about receiving a FREE press pass to Real Estate Connect – please contact email@example.com.