New York, NY (PRWEB) July 1, 2010
Schick®, the maker of premium women’s razors Intuition Plus®, Quattro for Women® and Quattro for Women® Disposables, set out to discover the insider shave secrets and beauty routines of women. Schick,® partnering with Market Tools, created the “2010 Schick® Shave Study,” a national survey that reveals what women do behind the shower door.
Smooth poll results:
When they’re on the go, it’s disposables: Summer time means quick weekend get-aways, family vacations and all around time on the go. Women (81%) revealed that sporting smooth legs is very important to them. But how do they achieve hair-free skin? 65% of women are using a disposable razor to achieve silky, smooth hair free skin, most often when they’re heading to the gym or traveling. Today’s disposable razors, such as Schick® Quattro for Women® Disposables, offer women high-performance technology and moisturizing strips for a smooth, close shave, which is exactly what women (74%) look for when purchasing a razor.
Simplicity Is Where It’s At! Time Saving Beauty Tip: Today’s woman lives a fast paced life. Whether it’s juggling work, family, or social life, finding products that will save time and money is high on her priority list. 63% of women say a razor with a skin moisturizing solid surrounding the blades, such as Schick® Intuition Plus®, would be an ideal addition to their lifestyle. It has everything you need in one razor. Schick® Intuition Plus®, eliminates the need for shave gel and helps keep legs moisturized with ingredients such as aloe, vitamin e, and shea butter. In fact, 77% of women look for a razor that delivers skin care benefits while they shave.
Short shorts, miniskirts and bathing suits all require a well maintained bikini line and 50% of women reveal that it is important to maintain their bikini area and achieve a smooth bikini area by shaving (78%). When asked if the idea of having a bikini trimmer and razor in one would be appealing, 58% of women revealed they liked the idea of having a 2-in-1 razor and bikini trimmer in one to save time and always stay well groomed. The Schick® Quattro for Women® TrimStyle™, the first and only razor and bikini trimmer in one, allows women the ease to shave, flip the handle and trim their bikini area in a snap, allowing for more personal time.
With all these time saving products, what’s a woman to do? 53% of women say they would hit snooze button and catch up on some extra zzz’s.
Beauty Routines Revealed: Every woman has a different daily beauty routine. Some are five minutes, others take over an hour, but in the end, three things remain a constant part of all beauty maintenance routines: 91% of women say washing their face is #1 on the beauty priority list followed by 81% who shave their legs/arms/bikini to a smooth finish and to top it off 72% apply moisturizer for a little extra hydration.
Summer Beauty Worries: High temperatures, humidity and wearing a bathing suit are all concerns during the summer months. Whether in the city or lounging at the beach, 58% of women fear having bikini line or leg stubble while out in public. Summer hair styles can be fun and sexy. Slicked back, braided, wrapped in a cool scarf, the options are endless but what doesn’t fly? Frizz. Women (31%) fear frizzy hair once temperatures rise.
SCHICK SHAVE STUDY POLL RESULTS
- 81% of women find it important to have smooth, sexy legs that feel soft and moisturized
- 46% of women feel sexiest with silky, smooth legs
- 77% of women look for a razor that delivers skin care benefits while they shave
- 57% of women desire a razor that gives them a smooth shave and delivers skin care benefits
- 76% of women find it appealing to have a razor that delivers skincare benefits while they shave
- 57% of women look for Aloe & Vitamin E in their shower care products
- 70% of women find it appealing to have a razor that moisturizes their legs, allowing them to skip post-shower lotion
- 63% of women find a razor that has a moisturizing solid attachment, thus eliminating the need for shave cream, appealing
- 78% of women maintain their bikini area by shaving
- 50% of women reveal that it is important to maintain a groomed bikini area
- 33% of women trim their bikini area every time they shave
- 58% of women desire a convenient tool that will shave and trim their bikini area
- 77% of women say they like the ease of using a disposable razor
- 65% of women use a disposable razor
- 59% of women use a disposable razor at-home
- 74% of women look for disposable razor that has high performance technology and delivers a smooth, close shave
- 58% of women fear bikini and leg stubble in the summer months
- 90% of women always pack shampoo and conditioner when going on vacation
- 83% of women always pack a razor in their travel case
- 74% of women always pack their moisturizer when packing for vacation
- 53% of women would catch up on some sleep if they were able to spend less time shaving
- 55% of women find smooth sexy legs and a fabulous hair style most important in their beauty routine
- 24% of women desire Carrie Underwood’s legs
About Energizer Holdings, Inc.
Energizer Holdings, Inc. (ENR) is a consumer goods company operating globally in the broad categories of household and personal care products. We currently offer solutions in portable power, lighting, wet shave and personal grooming, skin care, feminine care and infant care. For more information, please visit: http://www.energizer.com.
About Market Tools
MarketTools is the leading provider of Customer Insight Management solutions for the world’s market leaders. Through a unique combination of best-in-class insight and feedback platforms, quality-assured global panels and research innovation, MarketTools enables companies to innovate and identify new opportunities, optimize product success and build customer loyalty. As the first company to make online surveys widely available on the web, MarketTools continues its market-leading position by providing the broadest range of powerful, accurate and integrated customer insight technologies that empower companies to become the most customer-centric organizations in their industries. MarketTools’ premier portfolio of technology-based insight brands includes MarketTools.com,™ Zoomerang,™ CustomerSat,™ TrueSample,™ and ZoomPanel.™ MarketTools is a privately held company with corporate headquarters in San Francisco and European headquarters in London. For more information, please visit: http://www.markettools.com.