How Recent Home Buying Trends are Affecting Denver Buyers

Share Article

The current economy has Denver home buyers seeking more practical purchases

Ryland Homes' communities offer practical as well as luxury options to accomodate every type of home buyer

Ryland Homes has kept pace with more conservative trends, accommodating cautious first-time and move-up buyers, by offering a wide range of practical upgrade options, as well as luxury ones.

Denver home buyers have been impacted greatly by recent economic challenges, employment conditions, overall housing market changes, and the tightening of federal banking industry regulations and loan processes. Denver home builder Ryland Homes has kept pace with more conservative trends, accommodating cautious first-time and move-up buyers, by offering a wide range of practical upgrade options, as well as luxury ones.

Many options are available to new home construction buyers throughout the homebuilding process. Buyers should plan to budget for these ahead of time. Almost 80% of interested buyers are looking to downsize, while the other 20% are buying very frugally. As a result of the financial crisis and stricter loan regulations, it is now much more difficult for buyers to overextend themselves.

Reflective of the current times and spending trends, people are no longer looking to upgrade to larger, more opulent homes based on similar or smaller income levels. Nor are they taking chances, gambling on more luxurious amenities that will cost more money and yield less return on investment. Instead, buyers are electing to upgrade basics, such as, flooring, higher quality windows, lighting fixtures, mirrors, plumbing and fixture improvements, basement finishing, and doors, as opposed to spa tubs, granite countertops and larger overall square footage. The percentage of total cost of optional upgrades will not only vary from region to region, but from builder to builder, and from new home community to new home community.

Ryland Homes-Denver offers quick move-in, single-family communities starting at $199,990. Included with any Ryland Homes purchase for no extra cost, is a 10-year Ryland Homes Warranty Program that contains one year wall-to-wall coverage, two years electrical, plumbing, heating, cooling and ventilation system coverage, and 10-year major structural defect coverage.

Headquartered in Southern California, Ryland is one of the nation’s largest homebuilders and a leading mortgage-finance company. Since its founding in 1967, Ryland has built more than 290,000 homes and financed more than 240,000 mortgages. Ryland currently operates in 15 states and 19 homebuilding divisions across the country and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “RYL.” For more information, please visit http://www.ryland.com.

###

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Greg Hartman
Visit website