While we grew with eBay, I was ready to become an independent site so that I could retain all our revenue and take our business to the next level
Austin, TX (PRWEB) July 06, 2010
Volusion, the leading provider of ecommerce software and services for online merchants, today announced its award-winning software platform powers PoshPuppyBoutique.com. The upscale dog boutique was chosen recently to help outfit characters for a major feature film due in 2011. Posh Puppy Boutique was selected because of its wide selection of more than 10,000 products and its professional-quality website.
Posh Puppy Boutique switched to Volusion from eBay in 2007 and despite the economic downturn, its revenues have been doubling every year. Volusion enabled the company to incorporate new features such as wishlists and live chat as well as improve its search engine rankings to secure the number one spot on Google for the keywords “dog boutique.” Additionally, Posh Puppy Boutique has streamlined inventory management and saved time running the site with Volusion’s helpful customer support and video tutorials.
- Jennifer Kirk was making a decent living selling kids clothing on eBay 8 years ago, but after watching her four daughters play dress up with the family’s two pet chihuahuas for hours, she saw an opportunity and decided to focus on selling upscale dog clothing and accessories instead.
- Posh Puppy Boutique took off almost instantly, but as the company grew she ran into some limitations. eBay took a sizeable percentage of its sales, which kept Jennifer from investing further in the company’s inventory. Additionally, Jennifer was running the company by herself with little time and technical knowledge. She often needed guidance, but it was difficult to obtain the help she needed with eBay customer support.
- Jennifer also wanted to improve the SEO rankings and visibility of her products.
The Right Platform
- Jennifer started researching and testing ecommerce platforms and after spending a great deal of time comparing them, she started a trial with Volusion. She realized that the simple, all-in-one solution was ideal for a small business owner like herself.
- Jennifer found the Volusion platform to be easy to use and the video tutorials were extremely helpful. Jennifer worked with a designer to help customize a Volusion web template and was able to take her site live within three weeks.
Volusion offered the following features and benefits that were critical to the success of the project:
- Out of this World Support™ and Video Tutorials– 24x7x365 customer support allowed Jennifer to call for help at any time of day. With a growing family it was necessary that Jennifer handle technical calls in the late evening.
- Custom Design – Posh Puppy’s web designer found the flexible Volusion platform easy to work with and customize.
- Integrated CRM – Previously, order management was arduous, but with Volusion’s advanced ticketing system and all-in-one admin area, Posh Puppy can manage the entire order process and customer experience from a single area of the store.
- Unlimited Scalability – The easily-scalable architecture with advanced load balancing & dynamic resourcing helps Posh Puppy meet growing spikes in traffic.
- Mission Critical Hosting – With 100 percent redundancy, virtualized hardware-independent systems, and continuous data backups with data clustering, Volusion offered Posh Puppy the same technology infrastructure that powers systems for financial institutions.
- Stringent Security – Data is secured against theft or manipulation with integrated IP blocking, 24x7 surveillance and advanced encryption. PCI/CISP certification also ensures maximum protection of card-holder data. Volusion provides Posh Puppy with a guarantee that its customers’ credit card information is securely collected, protected and stored.
- Email System and Newsletter Features – Built-in email system enabled Posh Puppy to easily build newsletters and improve communication with customers through one central location.
- Click to Chat – Free click to chat service has helped the company close sales on products.
- Built-in SEO – System allows for easy metatag optimization as new products come on board.
- “While we grew with eBay, I was ready to become an independent site so that I could retain all our revenue and take our business to the next level,” said Jennifer Kirk, owner of Posh Puppy Boutique.
- “Without our improved search engine rankings and the professional-quality site that Volusion provides, we would have never been noticed by Hollywood,” said Jennifer.
- “Volusion’s support team is out of this world. They were there for me at any time of day to walk me through processes I didn’t have time to figure out,” said Jennifer. “I wouldn’t have launched our new site as quickly and successfully as we did without them.”
- “After switching to Volusion our site did extremely well. We also really improved marketing and communication with customers that just wasn’t possible with eBay,” said Jennifer.
- “Entrepreneurs like Jennifer Kirk are faced with a million different things vying for their attention – the last thing they need to worry about is their ecommerce software," said David Mitzenmacher, Volusion's Chief Customer Officer. "We created ‘Out of this World Support™’ in response to the needs of the modern online business owner, offering real help from a real person any time of day.”
Volusion is the leader in ecommerce solutions for online businesses. Over the last ten years, thousands of companies have used Volusion to succeed online, including market leaders such as Disney, Motorola, Chicago Tribune, Michigan State University and Crutchfield. For more information about Volusion, please visit http://www.volusion.com.