Brussels (PRWEB) July 9, 2010
International strategy consultancy PTOLEMUS Consulting Group has published its first European Location Study 2010. The 230-page technology and market study is set to become the industry’s reference document, covering positioning technologies as well as the devices and markets affected by them.
The study concludes that the location market will double in the next 5 years with positioning technology sales reaching €1.5 billion by 2014.
Half of the study is available free at http://www.PTOLEMUS.com/study
Along with 57 tables and graphs, the 120-page Free Study provides:
- A detailed assessment of 18 existing and new positioning technologies, including in-depth comparisons of Galileo, GPS III and Glonass
- Analyses of the links between “upstream” location technologies and “downstream” devices, applications and companies, such as handset vendors and content providers
- A breakdown of the potential of 11 key growing applications and services (including E112, indoor location, eCall, Pay As You Drive, location-based advertising, etc.)
- Two case studies, notably on IP location (Quova) and Wi-Fi positioning (Navizon)
Frederic Bruneteau, PTOLEMUS Managing Director, described the reasoning behind the 6-month endeavour: “Apple, Google and Nokia have assigned location as the key battlefield in the war to win mobile phone users. However, until now, there was no report that covered the whole industry, across all vertical sectors, from automotive to tablet PCs. The Full European Location Study is the most complete analysis and reference document available today for location-based services and positioning companies and investors.”
The study is based on 100 interviews with key industry players, including Alcatel Lucent, Andrew, Atheros, Bluesky Positioning, BMW, Bosch, Broadcom, CSR/SiRF, Deveryware, Ericsson, Galileo (GSA), Google, KPN, Orange, Qualcomm, Symbian, TCS, Texas Instruments, Thales Alenia Space, and Vodafone.
Unparalleled in its coverage, the Full Study completes the Free Study’s analysis of the location ecosystem with a 230-page comprehensive investigation of the location markets including:
- A strategic review of the location value chain and
- A comprehensive market forecast of positioning technologies and their downstream markets
- Strategic recommendations to key stakeholder groups
Finally, the searchable document contains 135 graphs, tables and illustrations to present the complete picture.
The Full Study and the Free Study can be downloaded at http://www.ptolemus.com/study
PTOLEMUS Consulting Group is the first strategic consulting firm entirely focused on the domain of geo-connected mobility, covering location-based services, telematics and intelligent transport systems.
Run by partners in Brussels, Paris and London, PTOLEMUS assists leading companies in defining and executing their strategy.