"People always need background information in addition to the news. Suite101.com is a great place to get up to speed quickly," said Peter Berger, CEO, Suite101.com Media Inc.
Vancouver, BC, Canada (PRWEB) July 8, 2010
Suite101.com, a global content site that provides trusted and reliable information to consumers today has released data highlighting the most popular content on its site in June 2010, providing a window into consumer online reading behavior. In June, the most popular articles focused on World Cup Soccer and pregnancy and childbirth.
In June, articles on the World Cup were the most read in recent weeks on Suite101.com. Online readers were catching up on the sport to find out which countries were favorites, the game schedule and general facts about the tournament. And of course, readers are getting up to speed on the big noisemaker – and newsmaker – of the Cup, the vuvuzela.
Over the past month, the most-read article on Suite101.com was Tom Ravenscroft’s, Who are the favorites to Win World Cup? with over 111,300 total views. Ravenscroft’s articles on the World Cup schedule and sticker album also reached over 44,500 and 19,000 views, respectively. Overall, in the month of June there have been over 180,000 searches performed relating to World Cup Soccer, and nearly 40,000 relating to FIFA.
In addition to providing information on the world soccer craze this month, Suite101.com, readers can find online articles that look at popular evergreen topics, offering advice and how to information on a wide range of topics. In addition to the World Cup, Suite101 also saw spikes in traffic around articles pertaining to pregnancy and childbirth in June. The most highly trafficked articles in this area included articles on miscarriage, baby names and ways to lose weight after giving birth.
“While we do not have a news department we do see interest spikes for our articles that relate to specific current events. People always need background information in addition to the news,” said Peter Berger, CEO, Suite101.com Media Inc. “World Cup Soccer attracts wide global interest every four years, and for consumers that don’t follow soccer on a regular basis, Suite101.com is a great place to get up to speed quickly. Most often, we see traffic spike for events tied to a seasonal topic, like preparing outdoor gardens in the spring, but we are also seeing popularity of articles spike when they are related to an issue or cause of great interest to consumers, such as the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. We’re fortunate to have a group of experts that cover these news topics in addition to the more evergreen topics, such as childbirth and gardening, which you’ll find on the site.”
The top ten articles on Suite101.com in June include:
1. Who are the Favorites to Win the World Cup? (internationalsoccer.suite101.com/article.cfm/who_are_the_favorites_to_win_the_world_cup) By Tom Ravenscroft
2. Developing Memorable Charachters (character-development.suite101.com/article.cfm/developing_memorable_characters) By Anita Riggio
3. Signs of Miscarriage (pregnancychildbirth.suite101.com/article.cfm/am_i_having_a_miscarriage_ ) By Brenda Lane
4. Unusual Baby Names for Girls (pregnancychildbirth.suite101.com/article.cfm/unusual_baby_names_for_girls) By Naomi Rockler-Gladen
5. Tired of Being Pregnant (pregnancychildbirth.suite101.com/article.cfm/tired_of_being_pregnant) By Brenda Lane
6. Vector Marketing is Not a Scam (marketingpr.suite101.com/article.cfm/vector_marketing_is_not_a_scam) By Christian Nathler
7. The First Day of Summer (solar-system-astronomy.suite101.com/article.cfm/the_first_day_of_summer) By Kelly Whitt
8. FIFA World Cup 2010 Game Schedule (internationalsoccer.suite101.com/article.cfm/fifa-world-cup-2010-game-schedule---dates-and-times) By Tom Ravenscroft
9. Great Persuasive Speech Topics (collegeuniversity.suite101.com/article.cfm/great_persuasive_speech_topics) By Naomi Rockler-Gladen
10. The Best Break Up Songs (dating.suite101.com/article.cfm/the_best_breakup_songs) By Naomi Rockler-Gladen
Suite101.com is known in the online writing world as a respected site where freelance writers and journalists, as well as home-based experts, write and publish short fact-based articles. Suite101 features 20 sections such as Business & Finance, Film & TV, Health & Wellness, Travel, and Food & Drink. New articles are posted daily and advertising revenue is shared with writers. This “dividend” or royalty style payment happens each month even if a writer adds no new articles. Suite101’s highest-earning writers consistently record monthly earnings of $3,000.
About Suite101.com Media Inc.
Suite101 is an online platform where people publish about their topics of choice to build profile and earn royalties. It’s considered one of the most respected curators of original content. This takes the form of great articles posted by 10,000-plus writers on Suite101’s four sites: http://www.Suite101.com, http://www.Suite101.de, http://www.Suite101.fr, and http://www.Suite101.net. Suite101.com Media Inc. is a private Canadian company based in Vancouver, British Columbia with offices in Berlin, Madrid and Paris. It has been a successful consumer internet operation for over thirteen years and has an international full-time staff of 30 with 40 editors working around the world. The company is co-owned by Burda Digital Ventures of Munich and Vancouver-based Internet entrepreneur Dr. Boris Wertz of W Media Ventures.
Over 29 million people visit Suite101 sites each month. Suite101.com is the most-visited Canadian-owned content website and is a Quantcast Top 100 site.