Dr. Gary Kompothecras of 1-800-Ask-Gary Supports Children in Need at Chabad’s Kaplan Preschool

Share Article

The Chabad Kaplan Preschool is extremely thankful that this community is “blessed with someone like Dr. Gary,” according to Rabbi Chaim Steinmetz, Executive Director of Chabad of Sarasota.

The Chabad Kaplan Preschool is extremely thankful that this community is “blessed with someone like Dr. Gary,” according to Rabbi Chaim Steinmetz, Executive Director of Chabad of Sarasota. For the past five years, Sarasota resident Dr. Gary Kompothecras, founder of the free accident and injury helpline 1-800-ASK-GARY, has personally helped support the Kaplan Preschool. Tuition pays for just 65% of their annual budget, so the remaining 35% comes from community support, including Dr. Gary’s generous contributions.

Rabbi Steinmetz explains that Dr. Gary “has a spot in his heart for special needs children” and that a large percentage of his ongoing contributions go to special programs which parents might otherwise not be able to afford. Dr. Gary offers more than just monetary support by taking a personal interest school activities and Chabad’s annual gala fundraiser at Michael’s on East. Says Rabbi Steinmetz, “ He’s never turned me down….many, many families are benefitting without even knowing.”

About 1-800-ASK-GARY
1-800-ASK-GARY is a medical and legal referral hotline founded by Dr. Gary Kompothecras of Sarasota, Fla. 1-800-ASK-GARY’s mission is to provide free, immediate assistance 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Learn more at http://www.1800askgary.com

About Chabad's Samuel and Sarah Kaplan Preschool
Chabad Preschool is a state-licensed preschool serving the educational needs of children ages two to five years. Our mission is to provide a warm and happy Jewish environment where each child’s unique style of learning and developing is valued and nurtured. Chabad’s Samuel and Sarah Kaplan Preschool: 7700 Beneva Road, Sarasota, (941) 925-0770, http://www.chabadofsarasota.com

###

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Veronica Pastore
Visit website